Sign in to follow this  
HBecwithFn7

They're baaaaaaccccckkkk

Also her office refuses to publish how much of the taxpayers money has been spent by NJ Institute of Technology trying to make it happen through their development:

* Initial State appropriation = $500,000

* Federal monies secured by Frank Lautenberg = $2,000,000

Additional funding = Unknown

I tried several times of the years asking her office to publicly acknowledge the total funding to the NJ Institute = REFUSED!

Don't call her office. Call the school make Opra requests. Get a list of who is on the project, and request all email correspondence between them and every legislator by name.

http://www.njit.edu/about/pdf/2010-public-records-request.pdf

Authorize $10 and write in the request section to respond with a page count and estimate. If for some reason they try to paper bomb you, call them and see if you can come review the files in person. I've done hundreds of these (well, less myself) and NJIT seems to have the goofiest. Most have online forms (except municipalities, etc.).

OH Boy! Fox & Friends just aired a segment on Smart Guns with Kurt the Cyber Guy.  They featured the inventor of the Smart Shot gun (Mr. Mossberg), who is trying to push the technology! While they did address the conerns of gun owners who are opposed to the technology, Mr. Mossberg's response was, basically.   GROW A PAIR!  He obviously wants to sell these!

:assassin:

I hope he's not related to *the* Mossberg family. I like their shot guns.

OH Boy! Fox & Friends just aired a segment on Smart Guns with Kurt the Cyber Guy.  They featured the inventor of the Smart Shot gun (Mr. Mossberg), who is trying to push the technology! While they did address the conerns of gun owners who are opposed to the technology, Mr. Mossberg's response was, basically.   GROW A PAIR!  He obviously wants to sell these!

He is. PS - They're building them, and they will come......................

https://smarttechfoundation.org/smart-firearms-technology/jonathan-mossberg/

Update: Kurt was back on Fox & Friends, this morning, attempting to answer the flood of questions/concerns coming in on Social Media over the original broadcast. Fox really brought only four questions for him to respond to:

1) Do NJ residents need to be concerned now? - To which he replied about the new legislation to repeal the original Weinberg bill, but mentioned it only weakly.

2) Will the "fingerprint" technology fail at critical times? - Kurt did admit that it could very well fail, or that people might not remember to keep the key ring on their person (and brought up the "Underdog" analogy)--- :facepalm:

3) Will the batteries fail at a critical time? - On F & F "Early edition" they actually had John Mossberg answer this, saying that there's a beep warning when the batteries drop below a certain threshold but that the gun will still fire, etc. etc. etc. and that there are other fail safes - Supposedly the batteries will last 10 years.... supposedly... <_<

4) How much extra does it cost? Mossberg also answered this question, indicating that the technology would add maybe $1000.00 to the cost of the gun.

But, yet, again, they avoided the most important question.... "Will the govt. be given a 'back door' to the technology to render it useless for any govt. action being taken against the owner?"

But, yet, again, they avoided the most important question.... "Will the govt. be given a 'back door' to the technology to render it useless for any govt. action being taken against the owner?"

When using smart gun technology, what we're really taking about is adding electronics to a gun (sensor, processor, and other chips).  Once you've added said processor and chips, then the sky is the limit as to what could be done with it.

Some examples:

1.  Remote disabling:  either through a radio signal or an emp blast that fries the electronics.  This is coming, you can bet your arse on it.

2.  RFID tracking of every gun.  It would be very simple to add an RFID beacon to a gun.  A drone flying overhead (or van or towers, etc...) would instantly know the location (and make/model) of every single gun in real time.  You have defacto nationwide registration with a real time location.

3.  A camera/microphone could be added.

The list goes on and on.  When you hear "smart gun" think of it as a "computer/smart phone" inside my gun.  What can we program our computers and smart phones to do?  Anything we want them to.  There really is no limit to what could be put in there.  And another important thing to keep in mind is that we have NO WAY of knowing what exactly is inside the chips (i.e. everything they can do).  There could be all kinds of hidden functions that we'd never know about.

And as technology progresses, so will the capabilities.  Think of what smart phones could do five years ago vs. what they can do today.  And then there will be firmware updates..  How many times have you upgraded your phone and the upgrade broke something?  Yeah.

"4) How much extra does it cost? Mossberg also answered this question, indicating that the technology would add maybe $1000.00 to the cost of the gun."

Adding another $1,000 to the cost of a $300 gun is almost sinister. 

I don't have any problem with "smart" guns. Since they are so great and reliable, deploy them to Govt agencies first and let them stay in the field for about 5 years.

Once that's done, I am sure consumer market will be all over them.

It seems, according to Fox, that a good portion of the response in re: the Smart Gun reports was "positive" (e.g. "I was on the fence... maybe I might try this...").  We really need to pony up some "counter" ads pronto and shut that down!

I saw the report, turned on the computer and noticed an email from Mossberg (I'm on their mailing list because I like their shotguns), I clicked the "unsubscribe" button and will no longer purchase anything new from them

I saw the report, turned on the computer and noticed an email from Mossberg (I'm on their mailing list because I like their shotguns), I clicked the "unsubscribe" button and will no longer purchase anything new from them

Well, I certainly won't be buying a smart shot gun, or any gun with that kind of technology.  I'm not sure I'd boycott Mossberg entirely. I would like to have a real JM-Pro someday, and now I'm in a state where I can get one on "factory spec."   The 930 I have now is "pimped up" to be an "almost" JM-Pro, but not the real deal.  Speaking of which, I should change the tube on it now to accommodate more than 6 shells. 

And don't worry Krdshrk.  I'll put the gas piston back in this time. :D

Well, I'm with you on this