dwheel

Black powder revolver

Does anyone know if a pistol permit is required for a cap and ball revolver?

EH, AHHUMMMM........it depends upon WHERE YA BUY IT!  Buy it in Free America and NO permit needed.  Must be treated the same as an evil 28 round 2011 Death Machine as it crosses the border though...............unloaded, locked in trunk of car, and proceed directly to an EXEMPT location (home, range, smith, etc.).

Would it be legal for me to own one without the pink copy of the pistol permit if I went to free USA to buy one?

A pink copy?  What's a PINK COPY?  LOL, we don't need no stinkin' permits!

If you lived in Ohio and moved to Jersey, WHAT pink copy?

If you lived in Indiana and moved to Jersey, WHAT pink copy?

If you lived in Pennsyltucky and moved to Jersey, WHAT pink copy?

If your Father, Mother, Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, Grandfather, Great Grandmother, Great Grandfather or ANYBODY ELSE willed it to you (and you and the cap and ball were named in the will) you can collect your inheritance duty-free, with no permit or strings attached!

No law against buying blackpowder revolver in PA. Federal ban on buying handguns out of state of residence doesnt apply since muzzleloaders are not firearms under federal law. NJ law doesnt apply in PA either since you are not in NJ when in PA. PA has no law against buying one in PA. Obey exemptions on return trip to NJ once you cross the border to keep possession of it legal till you get home. Hope you don't have to explain it to a judge because it would be a real pain to explain it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No law against buying blackpowder revolver in PA. Federal ban on buying handguns out of state of residence doesnt apply since muzzleloaders are not firearms under federal law. NJ law doesnt apply in PA either since you are not in NJ when in PA. PA has no law against buying one in PA. Obey exemptions on return trip to NJ once you cross the border to keep possession of it legal till you get home. Hope you don't have to explain it to a judge because it would be a real pain to explain it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IF you HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING, you obviously have more problems to contend with than merely a Cap and Ball revolver.  Been doing this shootin' thing for over 44 years.  I own stuff that my Mom handed-down to me upon my Dad's death.  Some of it visits the range along with stuff registered to me.  I don't see a problem.  Never did.........