Howard

Arrest for the 16th round

I know the MD and find it hard to believe he would take time during the match briefing to make something up or report something that maybe did not happen two years ago.

I know the MD as well but again, without naming names I know the person who this allegedly happened too and it did not.

Howard, I was there too but I recall he said he heard it from someone else in a gun shop.

I must admit that I missed that comment, I am kind of surprised he would make such a big deal of something that he overheard.

I can tell you that the CHPD incident had legitimate PC to look into it further. The accused had the shotgun on the front seat and not in a fastened case. The charges were fucked up due to a Sgt who apparently knows nothing about gun laws. So they saved face by dropping the charges. This is second hand info.

It's less about PC here and more about a cop being concerned with his safety. Even though you can legally keep an unloaded shotgun or rifle in the front seat uncased and in plain view (assuming you have an FID card) the courts have granted cops ample liberty in taking steps to make sure a person is not armed. Did the chpd have probable cause in thinking that the driver was committing a crime? No, but they can still make sure the shotgun isn't loaded for peace of mind. Even that though, does not warrant a complete search of the vehicle. The investigation ends when they see that the shotgun is unloaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I heard a similar story from someone involved but not at the scene. As I was told he was pulled over for a traffic infraction and was smart ass or otherwise belligerent with the LEO. LEO asked to search and he gave the OK. The mags were pinned high cap AR mags. 15 rounds fit in and functioned as they should. 16th round would not go in. UNLESS you forced it in and under the lip. The LEO in question saw the high cap mags and investigated further by loading the mag to verify the story of the owner. My buddy (FFL) was the one who pinned the mags. He still pins mags, but now they are all pinned to 14rnds. To my knowledge this is still pending trial but the victim was arraigned and made bail. IMO he will bet the charges. At what price?

Personally, all of my mags are 10rnds 9a few less) it makes it easier to count when your shooting plates or whatever. AR,1911, 22's all 10 rnds.