jackandjill

Anyone looking for Kerosene in Bergen County

I didn't know this was novel. There is a gas station that sells it at the pump about 4 miles from me, and the nearest grocery or store is 8 miles.

I have zero problem finding pure white kerosene in Sussex County. There's multiple gas stations in the area that pump it. I didn't realize in Bergen County it was a rarity either.

I have zero problem finding pure white kerosene in Sussex County. There's multiple gas stations in the area that pump it. I didn't realize in Bergen County it was a rarity either.

Well, not many uses for it around here. Only person I know who stores kerosene uses it for back up portable heating.

Well, not many uses for it around here. Only person I know who stores kerosene uses it for back up portable heating.

A lot of us here with outdoor oil tanks use it to cut the fuel in the really cold months to prevent gelling. And for portable back up heating I suppose.

A lot of us here with outdoor oil tanks use it to cut the fuel in the really cold months to prevent gelling. And for portable back up heating I suppose.

I can totally see the use where you guys have oil heating up in Sussex. But not many people have oil in brgn cnty if any. Even septic tanks are becoming a rare thing.

I can totally see the use where you guys have oil heating up in Sussex. But not many people have oil in brgn cnty if any. Even septic tanks are becoming a rare thing.

I can't believe they brought sewers into my town. Didn't think that would ever happen. I live on a solid mountain top 1000' above sea level. But they did it. Wish they brought natural gas in at the same time, but that would have made sense...

I still have a private well though...

I can't believe they brought sewers into my town. Didn't think that would ever happen. I live on a solid mountain top 1000' above sea level. But they did it. Wish they brought natural gas in at the same time, but that would have made sense...I still have a private well though...

Same trench, throw extra pipe/conduit in there.

That's the disconnect with local gov/ boards.they don't have a clue. No dif than the " shoulder thing that goes up"

On 11/8/2015 at 8:57 PM, 1LtCAP said:

holy crap!! when did kerosene get so expensivre?

$3/gal is actually really cheap now. I remember when it was about $0.45 a gallon!! I talked to a truck driver from NJ and he told me that New Jersey almost banned it because truck drivers were mixing it with diesel and not paying the state fuel taxes. I guess now it's on par with diesel prices....

• Like 1