Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Strike Industries J-Comp muzzle device - NJ legal?

It's listed as a "compensator", but the description also says "The front vents act to minimize flash".   Is any mention of flash-suppression capability verboten in NJ?

http://www.primaryarms.com/si-jcomp-01/p/si-jcomp-01/

SI-JCOMP-01.jpg

The Strike Industries J-Comp is based on the Japanese Type 89 assault rifle used by the Japanese Self-Defense Forces and perfectly accommodates those who want a unique looking and highly effective compensator on their rifle. The double chamber system greatly reduces recoil and redirects concussive blast with the help of six ported vents. The front vents act to minimize flash, allowing you to not just stay on target, but to keep it in sight as well! Crush Washer not included.

Have 'em cite the actual statute that says "pinky" :p

They don't have to unless you press the issue. They do it the way they want. But in any event. Chance in court if you have the time, money and gumption... The descript and look makes it a no go in my book. Not worth any hassles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first chamber has a baffle so it is a Break, and the "pinky" test does not apply

to this type of muzzle device. It is clearly chambered with a baffle.

As for the "minimizes flash" - it doesn't state it hides flash, and the state statue says

nothing about reducing flash (just hiding it) so I wouldn't be afraid to use one...........

jmo

The first chamber has a baffle so it is a Break, and the "pinky" test does not apply

to this type of muzzle device. It is clearly chambered with a baffle.

As for the "minimizes flash" - it doesn't state it hides flash, and the state statue says

nothing about reducing flash (just hiding it) so I wouldn't be afraid to use one...........

jmo

You have it backwards. The statutes never mention "hide". It is "suppress".

"flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor"

You don't know "Jack". :laugh: Pun intended.

One way or another, there are many breaks on the market that are similar, legal and work fine. In my humble opinion, unless you are going full auto, most breaks do a minimal job and are nothing more than aesthetics. It's not like .223 has much of a kick or rise in semi mode on an AR platform. But again, thats just my opinion. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk