Sign in to follow this  
gunnarsport

NEW HK VP9 LE

Hi,

I was able to get out to Robert at Cheyenne Gunsmith and Firearms in Manville (Somerset Co.) to pick up my new HK VP9 LE. This is the version with the extra magazine (3) and the night sights. Now I need to find a range/club of my liking to shoot it. I am in Robbinsville.

VP91_zpssparq7ni.jpg<a href=VP93_zpszkzy8k9g.jpg/albums/w522/crimsonex/VP93_VP92_zpsfyxrabzz.jpg' alt='a>'>[/url]/albums/w522/crimsonex/VP92_zpsfyxrabzz.jpg[/img][/url]

I just took 4 pictures with my iPhone and when i tried to attach, I get the message "This file was too big too upload". Not quite sure how to fix this, and help?

Upload to a site like Imgur.com and then link 'em here with the image tags ([ IMG]<URL OF PIC>[ /URL] with no spaces between the brackets and the tags.

voyager,

Unfortunately, I brought the last VP9 LE he had in stock...for now! He told me he has sold close to 50 of them in 2015. He is working with his distributor to get a few more in soon.

To show how in demand this gun is, he had 7 in stock 5 days ago and ZERO now. He is one of the few home based FFL dealers to stock the LE version and they sell fast.

I believe he also sells a lot of Glocks and M&P's.

voyager,

Unfortunately, I brought the last VP9 LE is had in stock...for now! He told me he has sold close to 50 of them in 2015. He is working with his distributor to get a few more in soon.

To show how in demand this gun is, he has 7 in stock 5 days ago and ZERO now. He is one of the few home based FFL dealer to stock the LE version and they sell fast.

I'm not surprised. I thought you said Cheyenne mountain anyway. Cheyenne firearms is quite a bit further away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheyenne Mountain does not have either the regular VP9 or the LE in stock at this time....I was there on Saturday, They just have one in the display case to handle. I saved about 80 bucks with Cheyenne Firearms.

By the way, Cheyenne Mountain's new store location in Bordentown is very nice! Its much more open and airy and more modern looking.

Invest in a spare trigger bar spring. It's usually the first thing to break on the VP9.

Posted Image

You had this happen or someone told you that?

I was going to ask the same question.  I have had mine for over a year and absolutely nothing has happened to it yet, and the trigger bar spring looks perfectly fine.  I would say that the percentage of VP9's out there compared to the number of broken trigger bar springs is fairly low, considering HK tested the crap out of this gun.... 

I've seen one fail at about 15K rounds.

VP9%20spring_zpssoaqhl5o.jpg

OK, but that is not the norm. At 15000 rounds, most guns something may fail. But unless someone plans on shooting that many rounds, no need too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The VP9's are indeed in short supply.  I've been wanting to get one, but I wanted to try it first, which I did at GFH this week.  Liked it a lot.  

My last P2P expires in three weeks (I've already had it extended), and when I went to look for them I noticed it was hard to find anyone with them in stock.

I grabbed one from a place called Nelson Tactical in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  It's not the LE model, but it does include two 15 round mags.  Unless I hit any snags, I should be able to complete the transfer before the NJ state imposed deadline.

To the OP, good luck with yours!

Turns out HK USA lost there export contract with the Germans. Was suppose to be resolved in Sept but no go. May not be till next year now.

Thats if a glock grip works for you. Individually. The angle is different and they have that tendency to shoot low because of their center axis. Hk vp 9 does not have these issues. Ive seen it done it with the class i took with larry vickers. Yes they are a workhorse. And mostly non failing.

Thats if a glock grip works for you. Individually. The angle is different and they have that tendency to shoot low because of their center axis. Hk vp 9 does not have these issues. Ive seen it done it with the class i took with larry vickers. Yes they are a workhorse. And mostly non failing.

Mine don't shoot low. Or to the left for that matter.

Gunnarsport give a shout to larry vikers and ask his opinion on the vp9. Hell tell you its theeeee best thing going. Hands down. By far without a doubt Would take it in combat And give it to his his grandkids as their only self defense weapon to save their parents lives. Seriously. Go ahead and contact him. Youll see.