SmittyMHS

Who stocks reasonable priced AR stripped lowers?

In or around central Jersey? I'm not into the High shelf, special flavor of the week lowers.  Just mil spec forged 7075, Black Hardcoat Anodize that I wont have to pay the transfer fee on, making it worth the same as a high shelf lower. Something around $100 or less.

Steve is top notch... I usually call before I go, just to make sure he will be there. His new shop is easy to find, but also easy to miss when going down rt 1. If you miss the entrance, no big deal. The next exit is a shopping center. You can turn in there and cut back to Steve's place. Enjoy the conversation!

No NICS on Sunday in PRNJ.

I didn't want to come across the wrong way there. I appreciate (and know alot others here also) how you're here so much to answer our questions and offfer advice. 

Thanks for all you do for us oppressed few stuck here.

Steve is top notch... I usually call before I go, just to make sure he will be there. His new shop is easy to find, but also easy to miss when going down rt 1. If you miss the entrance, no big deal. The next exit is a shopping center. You can turn in there and cut back to Steve's place. Enjoy the conversation!

If you are coming from the North & goin south on 9 then you need to look for the Kohl's store on your left as the landmark. It's the next mini strip mall after Kohl's so you would want to wrap around on Union Hill Rd EAST and jump on 9 North. When you see the signs for the restaurant, The Oriental Pan Asian that's the building. Doorway entrance by Bartram Rd.

If you overshoot then turn in to Kohls and wrap around like Sharrie*1 mentioned and exit between Kohls and Staples that road will also be Bartram then the lot aross the street it the building you want.

Steve/ Monmouth Arms rocks......

When you see the signs for the restaurant, The Oriental Pan Asian that's the building.

And as is customary for such restaurants in Jersey, right next door to the pet store.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-oriental-pan-asian-restaurant-marlboro

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seaquarium-morganville

$55 +tax is about the best you can do with FFL involvement. Getting from local dealer stock/forum member is gravy.

Yes, Steve is on route 9...thanks kc17 for correcting me. For some reason, I always confuse the two.

Anyhow, Steve didn't pay me to advertise for him...He actually schooled me. I purchased 4 Anderson lower receivers at Fatboy Tactical and had them shipped to Steve (Monmouth Arms) for transfer. Steve did the math for me while I was there. And, although my initial price was less, by the time I paid the transfer fee, I paid a couple bucks more each, and Steve had them in stock, no waiting.

BTW, I have built 2 of the 4 that were transferred, and I have no complaints about their quality or fit and finish. In the past I have spent $200 for a stripped lower, trying to get the best available. Today, when I do a build, I tend to save the money that I have spent on the high dollar lower and put it into a nice trigger or an upgrade to the barrel...Just my opinion...

Thanks Sharrie, thats exactly why I want to find a local dealer that stocks a lower like the Anderson. It just needs to go bang when I want it to. I have very low expectations. Other then cosmetics, please, someone school me on what difference it really makes? Mil-spec +or -???

I admit I have been know to buy something for just the way it looks. My Dodge truck for example...lol :maninlove:

OK...how much is Steve paying you guys????lol

He's got a hell of a fan club.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No need to pay us! Good service and great stories are why I keep on going back. It has nothing to do w/ the fact that he's only 15 mins from me....lol.

Hes's transferred my lowers, hand guns, long gun. Done AR compliance work. Hmmmm what else am I missing??

To make this story even better I wasn't intending to use him initially but some other FFL in the area no names mentioned had problems w/ his license and referred me to Steve and the rest is history.

using Tapatalk

yea, but he's got a day gig, as do most of you poor saps. :D

he's good people though. bring all your latest conspiracy theories and a 6-pack, and you won't leave for 3 days. :lol:

(also, you misspelled 'numbskull' in your sig. just sayin'.)

yea, but he's got a day gig, as do most of you poor saps. :D

he's good people though. bring all your latest conspiracy theories and a 6-pack, and you won't leave for 3 days. :lol:

(also, you misspelled 'numbskull' in your sig. just sayin'.)

Actually not...

Definition of NUMSKULL
:  a thick or muddled head
:  a dull or stupid person :  dunce

But you made me look! LOL