tmpnj

Petition for CCW

While signing can't hurt (I signed) it is likely to do nothing.  What is needed is to get a reporter or debate moderator to ask Christie (put him on the spot) why if he claims he is pro second amendment he does not do something in his home state to allow lawful citizens to carry.  He needs to either be pushed that way, or proven to be a hypocrite.  That is the only way to get him to take action.

He will say it doesn't matter in Jersey because the legislature would never approve it.

Bait him into saying US Congress doesn't even try to pass bills that Obozo might veto. Then remind him he can have his subordinates change the regulatory definition of need if he wants to, so why doesn't he?

Ask him what happened to his 90-day work group that was going to investigate changes to permitting processes and justifiable need.

You can't just hit him with CC, he can dodge like he always has. You have to hit him with those two details. The US Congress not passing bills part is an inoculation, in case he says NJ Congress can block regulatory changes (which I have never seen and he could probably beat).

While signing can't hurt (I signed) it is likely to do nothing.  What is needed is to get a reporter or debate moderator to ask Christie (put him on the spot) why if he claims he is pro second amendment he does not do something in his home state to allow lawful citizens to carry.  He needs to either be pushed that way, or proven to be a hypocrite.  That is the only way to get him to take action.

I am in total agreement with you on your first sentence.  As for the rest, he has been asked about this, and his reply is always that it is outside of his authority, but if the legislature would pass legislation to allow concealed carry, he would be glad to sign it.

If some of you arent on the Facebook group that this originated on to see the latest, Facebook has pulled the petition links off their site, and blocked it from being posted on anyone's wall, comment, or even private message. Trying to post the link results in an error message that it has been blocked. I sure hope that means someone important and antigun got scared.

If some of you arent on the Facebook group that this originated on to see the latest, Facebook has pulled the petition links off their site, and blocked it from being posted on anyone's wall, comment, or even private message. Trying to post the link results in an error message that it has been blocked. I sure hope that means someone important and antigun got scared.

What pieces of $#!t

Unfortunately no one (from general public) sees that as First Amendment issue.  Never had facebook acct and probably never will. 

I have one, but it's totally locked down, full security, no content, no posts, no friends, nothing. I do this to protect my name (and my business identity) from someone who could try to hijack it, claim to be me, and then claim that I do very nefarious things.... They can try but, at least, I can point and say, "Nope... this is my account."   

10k by morning.....12 by lunch time :lol:

Sounds good B) how do these things work ? Does he see it and then will probably choose to ignore it ? Is it possible that he won't even hear about it ? How many signatures are needed to make a statement or impact ? It's there any chance that he'll actually respond to this ?

Sounds good B) how do these things work ? Does he see it and then will probably choose to ignore it ? Is it possible that he won't even hear about it ? How many signatures are needed to make a statement or impact ? It's there any chance that he'll actually respond to this ?

It's nice, but ultimately meaningless.  Yes.  Yes.  Probably doesn't make a difference one way or the other.  Doubtful.

If there are supposedly 1,000,000 law abiding gun owners in NJ, then there isn't even 1% represented in this petition...

I bet 99% have no idea about this petition. Plus some are not tech savvy or have an online presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). Also we have the Fudds are ok with not having CCW.

It has happened before. There was a thread on here a while ago about it with a video. He just passed the blame and then changed the subject just like a typical politician does. He's just a money hungry criminal who cares nothing about our rights... They all are no matter what side they are on!