tmpnj

Petition for CCW

I think its a matter of. Look. In one weeks time. We got 16k signatures to support this!!! Just another thing to add recently on the pile of 2a supporters. Another thorn that is annoying but you can still live with until it becomes infected and you have to do something about.

Depends who is the "huge minority" is. Look at the dopes, the Black Justice League (bwah!) protesting at Princeton University. Less than a hundred dopey college kids have a two day sit-in and the school president already caved to their "demands" of removing Woodrow Wilson from the building name. Less than 100 dopes.......we have a few thousand gun-owners on this and cannot get any traction with the slimes in Trenton. Is it the message, the delivery, or the numbers?

You found the answer!  Find a group of a couple hundred dedicated blacks who want CCW in NJ and set them loose!

I see a LOT of energy here.  How about you all visit our website and direct some of that energy to END JUSTIFIABLE NEED!  We need Members and MONEY

Please visit www.JustifiableNeed.com  to learn all about CNJFO's billboard project.  CNJFO was on Gun For Hire Radio this last broadcast (Episode #234).

Here's the hot link to the broadcast:   content.blubrry.com/gunforhireradio/GFH_Episode_234.mp3 

Any help you can offer will be put to getting our RIGHTS BACK!

Thanks!

Rosey

You found the answer!  Find a group of a couple hundred dedicated blacks who want CCW in NJ and set them loose!

True we need more blacks and women to petition the media and politicians. I try and get more women involved every chance I get. We have to convince them it is about their safety and that guns are not evil like the media portrays them to be.

The facts do not bear out your conclusions. I posted something a while ago about the percentages of citizens, by state, with concealed carry permits. Here's the link. You'll see that less than 5% have permits in 17 states that are either shall-issue or de facto shall-issue. I'm excluding Alaska and Vermont, but I'll bet fewer than 5% of Vermonters carry except while hunting.

That's less than one in 20. You can't blame the lack of progress in this state on the fact that very few individuals care to arm themselves because that is the nation-wide norm. According to your theory the legislatures in at least 17 states (the courts in Illinois) could have shrugged off the "concealed carry vote" but didn't.

So much of the conventional wisdom surrounding guns is BS. The percentages for two states considered gun-unfriendly, Connecticut and Massachusetts, are 8.36 and 6.27, respectively, higher than Colorado, Virginia, Arizona, and Texas. Connecticut is less than 0.2% lower than gun-friendly Florida. 

Connecticut residents are 100% right when they demand repeal of spiteful, ineffective gun laws but let's maintain some sense of perspective. Gun rights initiatives in most states are on a completely different plane than they are here. They fight for the right to keep evil rifles and normal-capacity magazines; we beg for the right to buy lunch with handguns secured in our vehicles.

Operationally we don't have CC here because the legislature doesn't respect ANY rights. The idea of a right is it should be non-negotiable, that 19 people can't take it away from one person. Add tho this that our justice system heavily favors criminals over us, the national organizations have given up on New Jersey, and that we lack coherent, home-grown leadership on 2nd Amendment issues. 

your missing the point.. it is not purely related to who would or would not carry.. 

it is related to the general view of guns in general.. take PA for example (excluding your larger urban areas).. and even people that do not carry.. even people that only own shotguns and hunting rifles.. typically believe you should be ALLOWED to carry.. so even if actual carry percentage is 1 percent.. there is no mass public feeling against guns.. 

it feels as if it is an overall mindset towards guns.. 

your missing the point.. it is not purely related to who would or would not carry.. 

it is related to the general view of guns in general.. take PA for example (excluding your larger urban areas).. and even people that do not carry.. even people that only own shotguns and hunting rifles.. typically believe you should be ALLOWED to carry.. so even if actual carry percentage is 1 percent.. there is no mass public feeling against guns.. 

To me concealed carry is or should be the signature 2nd Amendment issue. It reflects the degree to which 2nd Amendment rights are respected statewide and all that signifies. I've never seen a survey of individuals in Pennsylvania who, like me for many years, owned a shotgun and killed a couple of birds per year and that was that, so I can't comment on their general commitment to gun rights.

I'd bet, however, that the percentage of CC permit holders in some way mirrors a state's respect for gun rights. So why the uneven correlation between liberal/conservative state politics and shall- or true may-issue laws? Why do legislatures in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and New York not simply adopt NJ-style gun laws? More significantly, why do states with very low carry numbers still respect that right? By your logic they'd just shrug off the gun nut vote. I haven't checked but some of these states have got to be Democrat-controlled, just like here.

This would make a tremendous topic for a PhD thesis in the social sciences or perhaps political science. 

As of 2014, licensure rate in PA was 11%, or 1 out of 9 people. It goes up every year, though.

As far as the "overall mindset" is concerned, well, I told this story before. I needed an ultrasound so I was in a waiting room with a bunch of middle aged and elderly women presumably waiting for mammograms. One of them said, "Did you see that frightening news show last night about that gun?" Oh boy, here we go. "Yes, my son has been carrying that rifle in the field for 20 years. I can't believe it can just go off like that. I called him and told him not to take it until he gets it fixed."

That is not the conversation you overhear from a bunch of women waiting for mammograms in Jersey about a gun on an investigative news show.

True we need more blacks and women to petition the media and politicians. I try and get more women involved every chance I get. We have to convince them it is about their safety and that guns are not evil like the media portrays them to be.

I'm surprised the NRA does not court/outreach more of these organizations (Black, Women, LGBT, etc). They want to protect themselves too.

I've been doing this for years. I go up to black people all the time. "Yo Bro, yo sis, wanna gun?" They look at me strange. I told the cop it was all a misunderstanding. My trial has been postponed to February. Thank God Nappen is defending me. We're planning a defense of jury nullification or perhaps the insanity clause. Please send any excess Crisco supplies to the address posted in the Recall Sweeney thread a few months ago. 

Having failed with the females in my own family and realizing how much NJ women desire, no crave, the right to self-defense I began approaching women on the street. I'm talking nice looking broads, not the usual Sussex County skunk-headed "blondes." Got kicked in the balls at ShopRite the other day but her grandmother was actually cute. What's the word...sort of a synonym for mountain lion.

I'm beginning to think this outreach thing isn't going to work. Just sayin'.

I've been doing this for years. I go up to black people all the time. "Yo Bro, yo sis, wanna gun?" They look at me strange. I told the cop it was all a misunderstanding. My trial has been postponed to February. Thank God Nappen is defending me. We're planning a defense of jury nullification or perhaps the insanity clause. Please send any excess Crisco supplies to the address posted in the Recall Sweeney thread a few months ago.

Having failed with the females in my own family and realizing how much NJ women desire, no crave, the right to self-defense I began approaching women on the street. I'm talking nice looking broads, not the usual Sussex County skunk-headed "blondes." Got kicked in the balls at ShopRite the other day but her grandmother was actually cute. What's the word...sort of a synonym for mountain lion.

I'm beginning to think this outreach thing isn't going to work. Just sayin'.

You have to start young. Your best bet is to approach youths and yell "I have a gun!". Children are impressionable and will follow you to the range to learn firearms safety practices.

You have to start young. Your best bet is to approach youths and yell "I have a gun!". Children are impressionable and will follow you to the range to learn firearms safety practices.

It depends on who introduces them. 18 months ago my older daughter was as anti as her mother. Then she visited her fiance's grandfather's farm in Alabama, and the rest is history. Now she thinks my favorite round, the lowly .22, is wimpy. Her cousin, same mid-20s age, a semi-professional classical soprano, was also introduced by her boyfriend to the manly arts. The first step, and how you get there, is critical. Sometimes peers are more persuasive than parents.