fatty

DDI74 - Available thru ClassicFirearms

DDI marks their guns with the model AK-47 & AK-74

In NJ, if the frame is marked 'AK" it is banned by name and is not able to be made compliant.

This was true with the original Waffenwerks rifles (which DDI bought out) as well.

Shame because they (DDI) are said to be pretty good quality...............

Nah the one's that classic has for sale are specifically produced for the limited run...  get em while you can

I've confirmed this with the owner of DDI.  These are made on DDI's new stamped receivers (not the old WW receivers).

Only thing is... once this batch is sold out, DDI will never go back into 74's again.

Yup.

It was a contract run of old parts kits (maybe formerly complete WW 74's?) that DDI agreed to re-do.  I'm pretty sure classic (or DDI) had a boatload of old out-of-spec 74 receivers and they decided to get em done right.

But yes... DDI announced that they'll be completely focused on 47's moving forward... pretty excited to see what they come out with as they've built a pretty solid reputation in no time at all.  curious to see how their fenocite barrel treatment is too

On ddi's website it looks like their models have AK on their full range but I was told their new production models arent marked as such anymore. Ive yet to see one in person...

I really like their milled line.

Nah the one's that classic has for sale are specifically produced for the limited run...  get em while you can

I've confirmed this with the owner of DDI.  These are made on DDI's new stamped receivers (not the old WW receivers).

Only thing is... once this batch is sold out, DDI will never go back into 74's again.

Salespeople will say anything to get the sale...

If you look at the video on their website, it says the model is "74S".  The video is a bit grainy, but that's what it looks like.  At any rate, "AK" on the rifle shouldn't affect the legality.  We've had numerous threads on this subject.  :)

Tempting.  What compliance work needs to be done?  I assume the brake needs to be pinned.

Will Classic ship to NJ with the mag?  You would also need a FFL that can pin the mag.

Are those the two items to worry about?

i will check it out and get back to this early next week, after i call them.

Their milled rifles which are DDI stamped (not the WW models) were

stamped AK (see photo), but we'll see what has changed.......

I spoke with them via FB on the 13th of Nov.  They changed the markings to say "47S" instead of "AK47" the "S" is for stamped receiver.  The milled ones will supposedly say "DDI47M"

Contacted Atlantic Firearms and they said that all the wood furniture models they have (had) in stock say "47S"  I was going to order one today but they are not sold out right now :(.  If you can order one, I'm there.

12208822_946577698741461_312196295604074

I ordered one on 12/08/2015 and Classic just shipped it out today to Steve at Monmouth Arms. I will post pics once I pick up the rifle. I ordered the Magpul Edition one. However, I will be swapping out the furniture to either wood or the plum polymer.

- TokenEntry

Same here

I ordered one on 12/08/2015 and Classic just shipped it out today to Steve at Monmouth Arms. I will post pics once I pick up the rifle. I ordered the Magpul Edition one. However, I will be swapping out the furniture to either wood or the plum polymer.

- TokenEntry

Same here.  My Magpul is on its way to Steve.  I'll probably leave it as is for now.  I have a few others that I'm still working on.