Sign in to follow this  
Ruger11

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport Help/Opinions

Looking to get a S&W M&P15  Sport. Going to keep it as-is for now , and use it for some general plinking. Was looking for anybody to chime in on how they like theirs. Are there different magazines that work better? From what I've read they eat up any ammo you use. And what kind of price should I expect to pay? I've been getting prices that  seem pretty high. What are you guy's paying? Any help ,opinions would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

My first AR was an M&P Sport...  great rifle - no complaints, accurate, and ate anything I fed it.  Any mag will work just fine as well

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/128766/811037/smith-and-wesson-mp-15-sport-5.56-(ma-nj-co-compliant)

This place has it for $560 shipped (NJ compliant model - no work/modification required) + transfer

You can also piece together a similar quality rifle for around the same cost...  whether or not it's 'better' is subjective, but you can certainly customize it the way you want the first time around

Thanks.  Checked , Sportsman outdoor super store , nobody has them. Trying to buy local ,dealt with and like the vendors on here. Lowest price so far is $675+nics+tax. Just seems kinda high to me for a no frills AR??  Especially after seeing them at the black Friday sale ( couldn't make it ) at Heritage guild for $589

Guys are dumping their ARs. Look around and you can get one with an optic, extra mags, a case a sling etc for a little more. Remember you're not just buying a rifle. You're buying magazines, a red dot (if that's your thing) a sling, a case etc. take your $600 for the new MP Sport then add in all the other stuff and you can get a pre owned with all the gadgets and way better quality.

Guys are dumping their ARs. Look around and you can get one with an optic, extra mags, a case a sling etc for a little more. Remember you're not just buying a rifle. You're buying magazines, a red dot (if that's your thing) a sling, a case etc. take your $600 for the new MP Sport then add in all the other stuff and you can get a pre owned with all the gadgets and way better quality.

Yeah! I wonder why guys are dumping their ARs!!!! Obama has another year to play President. Hillary may get the next four years, Sweeney will likely be our next Governor. Perhaps now is a good time to dump them while you still can!

Even if we can keep them in Jersey, do they even make 5 round mags for the AR platform???? Just checked, the do make 5 rounders!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! I wonder why guys are dumping their ARs!!!! Obama has another year to play President. Hillary may get the next four years, Sweeney will likely be our next Governor. Perhaps now is a good time to dump them while you still can!

Even if we can keep them in Jersey, do they even make 5 round mags for the AR platform???? Just checked, the do make 5 rounders!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!

They are dumping ARs not because of politics it's because there are just too many out there, too cheap parts, guys have too many.

Yeah tanners is a very. Very. Active firearms store. Great prices and more people to help you than customers. If you havent been there. You should go there to experience it. They probably move more firearms in a day than most move in a week.

Pk. What is a no-ban model.