almiz111

Cheyenne in Bordentown

I was there last week and came away impressed. Large, clean, well-lit store. I was doubly surprised with the pricing on some revolvers that I looked at - not giving them away, but not raping you either - nice, fair-market pricing.

Only two gripes: They have to stop using those stupid pegs in the barrels to hold the handguns in the display case - sure it maximizes space usage, but it also makes it impossible to see the gun or the tag, unless you're crawling on the floor - and at my age, that's a no-go.

Also hard to access the store from the northbound lanes of Rt 130. There appears to be a crossover there, but not sure if it's legal to use, plus no lead-in to it. Road signage would help. I like the way they have incorporated some of the old bowling lanes into the aisles for the store.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was there last week and came away impressed. Large, clean, well-lit store. I was doubly surprised with the pricing on some revolvers that I looked at - not giving them away, but not raping you either - nice, fair-market pricing.

Only two gripes: They have to stop using those stupid pegs in the barrels to hold the handguns in the display case - sure it maximizes space usage, but it also makes it impossible to see the gun or the tag, unless you're crawling on the floor - and at my age, that's a no-go.

Also hard to access the store from the northbound lanes of Rt 130. There appears to be a crossover there, but not sure if it's legal to use, plus no lead-in to it. Road signage would help. I like the way they have incorporated some of the old bowling lanes into the aisles for the store.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, that crawling on the floor line cracked me up. I agree it's a pain in the a** when you can't see a price tag.

I stopped by this afternoon while running errands. Their bow hunting sections is huge. The firearms accessories, reloading materials, etc. are definitely a bit bigger in the new place. The ammo shelves look a good deal larger and are well stocked. The new handguns are pretty well stocked. The long gun rack and used handgun section definitely were built to allow additional stock to be added and looked "thin."

The staff were quickly attentive to my presense, even after I told them that I was window shopping. They were laid back and trying to keep the mood light for the poor folks waiting for NICS to come back. (2 hours today?)

I have been to their new store 3 times now for firearms cleaning stuff and accessories. I love it and a nice upgrade from the old store. Much better lighting, nice open and air feeling and modern

looking and clean of course. But Pizza Bob is 100% correct about how they display their handguns, it's terrible. You literally have to get on your knees, tilt your body to see them. Other than that

gripe, I really like the new store.

I dont disagree that cheyenne has the most for probably a 25 mile radius. But 60$. If you really want to see stuff take another drive across the river. I got 4 lbs of 4895 and a pistol and a rifle at another today. Used but at really good prices. Went christmas shopping today.

Biggest issue I had with the place was the workers bull crapping and leaving customers at the counter for 5-10 minutes literally looking at them waiting for service.

That was my experience this week too. Except it was 30 minutes to find out they didnt have the powder I wanted.

If I were to buy a firearm from a dealer in NJ, I would plan to buy it in two separate days. The first to pay and do the 4473; the second, to come back to pick it up, probably 3 days later.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Iv'e gone to Cheyenne's a few times over the years and am always disappointed with their poor customer service. Even if they are empty, they will never acknowledge you, and if you ask them a question, they act like they are bothered by you. Their prices are high and you can't read any of the price tags. I have to say, most of the LGS in NJ have high prices and poor customer service. I only buy and transfer guns through one of the sponsored FFL's on the forum. I would love to support a local shop, but not one that treats you like an annoyance.

I was in Cheyenne 2 weeks ago, store was packed, took a number at the gun counter and waited a few minutes. Some of the guns in the cabinet were hard to see the prices so I get that complaint. Forget the clerks name that helped me but he was nice and informative. Showed me a few 1911's of the brands I was looking for. S & W and Springfield. Ended up ordering a Springfield Loaded Parkerized model with Novak sights. My experience has been great so far with them. It's kind of like a mini Cabela's without the fluff. Definitely will go back.