Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Recent ESS Ice Purchasers - Info Needed

If you recently purchased a pair of ESS Ice shooting glasses and/or have retained all documents that were packaged with same, I need your help.

ESS has only an abbreviated version of their warranty on their site and for full terms refers you to the packaging insert that comes with the glasses. Obviously, I didn't retain that and I have been denied a warranty claim based on terms that are not included in the warranty version on their website. I believe the denial to be illegal, but before I go tilting at windmills, want to be sure that I am on firm legal ground. Until I have the full terms of their warranty, that remains in question.

The amount involved is small, but, at this point it is the principle of the thing. They are not allowed to make up warranty terms and conditions that are not part of the written warranty, and I believe that is to what I have fallen victim. Besides, I love a good fight and I'm retired with nothing better to do. It may go somewhere it may not - until I have the full terms, I won't know. I prefer not to write the company and tip my hand, so I would appreciate any assistance in securing a copy of the package warranty insert.

Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob 

This is what I have. ESS products as purchase new in the original packaging from ESS or an authorized ESS dealer by the original purchaser are warrantied against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a. Of 2 years from the date of purchase if ESS determines during the warranty period that the product is defective as a result of manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship ESS will repair or replace at its sole option the product.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Smitty:

I realize that you sent this from your phone, but is there any chance that, when you get to a PC, you could scan and e-mail it to me? Also, what was the product? The abbreviated version on their website says 5 years with a 1 year warranty on prescription lenses. No mention of two years. Curiouser and curiouser.

Likewise, anybody out there that also has the package warranty insert, I'd appreciate it if you could scan and e-mail it to me. PM me for my e-mail address. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks Troy. The battle has already been joined. I think ESS is badly in need of a compliance officer with regard to their warranties. On their website they stipulate 5 years (for non-Rx lenses). On the insert sent by Smitty, they stipulate 2 years and on yours they say 1 year. They tried to exclude my claim because I purchased the lens via eBay - an exclusion not stipulated in the written warranty - even though they were purchased from an authorized ESS dealer. 

Just fired-off an e-mail to ESS telling them that their denial was unacceptable and illegal and told them that if they don't comply with the terms of their warranty I will file a complaint with the FTC.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Just call me Don Quixote.

Adios,

Pizza Bob