45Doll

80% Lowers in New Jersey?

So, has anyone bought an 80% lower yet? I'm contemplating picking one up and keeping it as an office nick-nack. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Brownells has them for about $60 shipped.

I'm seriously considering buying a polymer handgun 80% frame and then video recording the entire process of receiving it in the mail, driving out of NJ, completing it just over the state line, stamping on a serial # of 'lweinbergsux123', putting it in a gun case in the trunk, driving directly to home in NJ, building it up into a functional handgun, driving to the range, shooting it, returning home and putting it into a safe.

Then post the whole thing on YouTube titled 'Legal acquisition of a handgun in NJ without a background check and without registration'.

I'm seriously considering buying a polymer handgun 80% frame and then video recording the entire process of receiving it in the mail, driving out of NJ, completing it just over the state line, stamping on a serial # of 'lweinbergsux123', putting it in a gun case in the trunk, driving directly to home in NJ, building it up into a functional handgun, driving to the range, shooting it, returning home and putting it into a safe.

Then post the whole thing on YouTube titled 'Legal acquisition of a handgun in NJ without a background check and without registration'.

Sounds like a fun experiment.

Make sure all of your affairs are in order(guns out of state, taxes paid, no HPs, make sure the dog is at the neighbor's house, etc.) because you'll probably end up on the receiving end of a visit from the state police, potentially at 3am, them being in ninja masks and bloused pantaloons.

635805362411119546-1401372307_tumblr_nr7

Sounds like a fun experiment.

Make sure all of your affairs are in order(guns out of state, taxes paid, no HPs, make sure the dog is at the neighbor's house, etc.) because you'll probably end up on the receiving end of a visit from the state police, potentially at 3am, them being in ninja masks and bloused pantaloons.

What would be the charge?  Not trying to be a wiseass here, and sure, I could be arrested and held for a while, but without a charge I think I'd be released.

Seriously, what would be the charge, because I can't think of anything I could be charged with.

Not a felon in possession.

Resulting firearm would be NJ legal.

It's legal to possess firearms in NJ, that are NJ legal, that are acquired legally out of state.

No registration required for firearms brought into NJ.

Handgun was manufactured by me, but manufactured out of state.

Transported according to exemptions.

Something I'm missing?

Has anyone seen this? Ar15molds.com has a kit to do 10 polymer lowers...is it considered manufacturing at that point when all your doing is pouring a liquid into a mold?

No, I had not seen that.  Curious to see more on how the mold works, but that sure is interesting.

BTW, URL is http://ar15mold.com/

(no 's')

No, I had not seen that. Curious to see more on how the mold works, but that sure is interesting.

BTW, URL is http://ar15mold.com/

(no 's')

I've been watching their updates carefully and they seem to be very, very strong. Some people have already shown how they increase their structural durability by adding fiberglass sheets before pouring the mold.

You won't.... no balls.

Seriously do it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And the charge the judge would be deciding on would be.....?

All I'm saying is it'll cost you some cash to just prove a point. And how long before they add something stupid to our already stupid laws to make it illegal? 

So you might have the only one if they say your grandfathered in. Or at least have a law named after you.

That might be a notable accomplishment. ;)

Yeah man no need to raise any red flags. If you want one just go get it, don't brag about it. They write laws every day to make you a felon and murder anything fun. Let's try to keep this one quiet. 

So, has anyone bought an 80% lower yet? I'm contemplating picking one up and keeping it as an office nick-nack. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Brownells has them for about $60 shipped.

If you want a paperweight, I will sell you this one for $40 shipped. Not an 80%. More like a 20%. :laugh:

post-1314-0-43849000-1452813846_thumb.jpg

What would be the charge?  Not trying to be a wiseass here, and sure, I could be arrested and held for a while, but without a charge I think I'd be released.

Seriously, what would be the charge, because I can't think of anything I could be charged with.

Not a felon in possession.

Resulting firearm would be NJ legal.

It's legal to possess firearms in NJ, that are NJ legal, that are acquired legally out of state.

No registration required for firearms brought into NJ.

Handgun was manufactured by me, but manufactured out of state.

Transported according to exemptions.

Something I'm missing?

They'd charge you with manufacturing a firearm without a license or however the law calls it...then they'd move on to any number of nuisance charges they could find.

Prima Facia you've got a non-serialized gun, you manufactured it or, illegally transferred it.  Remember in NJ, all firearms are illegal unless there is a carve out that makes it legal.  This puts the onus on you to prove it was manufactured elsewhere.   You may have that proof, you can go to trial and give it, or take this plea of [insert plea deal that involves surrendering 2a rights] + $20,000 fine.

They'd charge you with manufacturing a firearm without a license or however the law calls it...then they'd move on to any number of nuisance charges they could find.

Prima Facia you've got a non-serialized gun, you manufactured it or, illegally transferred it.  Remember in NJ, all firearms are illegal unless there is a carve out that makes it legal.  This puts the onus on you to prove it was manufactured elsewhere.   You may have that proof, you can go to trial and give it, or take this plea of [insert plea deal that involves surrendering 2a rights] + $20,000 fine.

Oh, sure, they can charge me with provably false charges.  Proof of manufacture is in the video, but perhaps as a safeguard I hire a lawyer in the state of manufacture to witness the drilling of the plastic and execute an affidavit that the manufacture was outside of NJ.  Frame will be serialized in the state of manufacture as stated earlier.

The threat of nuisance charges and take this plea deal to avoid expensive trial exists for any legal gun owner in NJ.

Still looking for a charge that would actually be valid.