mikeyjones

Powder Valley group buy?

I was looking for True Blue and they haven't had that for a while. I could go with accurate #7 but I hate changing to another powder after I just worked up good loads with the TB...

Going to be tough with powder still hit or miss and they don't backorder.  I placed an order a week ago and its still in Oklahoma with no anticipated delivery date.  Weathers been bad down there.  Anyway, good luck with it.  

I have extra coming in so if anybody needs 8 lb tub Clays for pistol PM me.  See what we can do.

I'll take an 8 pound jug of H110

would love an 8 pounder of Ramshot TAC too but...

How the hell can powder companies still be out and unable to produce --- doesn't seem right

When you gonna place this order?  Get the details figured out and post or Pm me.

Going to be tough with powder still hit or miss and they don't backorder.  I placed an order a week ago and its still in Oklahoma with no anticipated delivery date.  Weathers been bad down there.  Anyway, good luck with it.  

I have extra coming in so if anybody needs 8 lb tub Clays for pistol PM me.  See what we can do.

Same story here. I checked my tracking number this morning because it was supposed to be delivered today and it says delivery exception. Waiting on a lifetime supply of clays and eight pounds of 8208.

Heres my thoughts on the hazmat fee. Its $28.50 and then you pay shipping and $1 for insurance. So if it all comes out to $45 and you ordered 20#, $45/20#=$2.25. So if your getting powder for about $17 a pound and you add on that extra $2.25 its still less than $20 a pound. Sure as hell beats driving to where ever you can find it local, paying $30 and up per pound and paying the scumbag goberment more taxes. Dont get me wrong I'm all about supporting local business but when its a HUGE markup...

Same story here. I checked my tracking number this morning because it was supposed to be delivered today and it says delivery exception. Waiting on a lifetime supply of clays and eight pounds of 8208.

Heres my thoughts on the hazmat fee. Its $28.50 and then you pay shipping and $1 for insurance. So if it all comes out to $45 and you ordered 20#, $45/20#=$2.25. So if your getting powder for about $17 a pound and you add on that extra $2.25 its still less than $20 a pound. Sure as hell beats driving to where ever you can find it local, paying $30 and up per pound and paying the scumbag goberment more taxes. Dont get me wrong I'm all about supporting local business but when its a HUGE markup...

Shipping is tricky around this time of year but powder Valley has always come through for me and I have no doubt they'll eventually deliver.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Varget is out of stock as someone mentioned. And so is h4350Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Dammit. Varget seems to be out in a lot of places. I should start a Varget group buy when it is back in stock.

Looks like im in for 1000 Remington small and large rifle primers.

Thanks,

Eric

Dammit. Varget seems to be out in a lot of places. I should start a Varget group buy when it is back in stock.

Looks like im in for 1000 Remington small and large rifle primers.

Thanks,

Eric

Only 1000?   Why not get a case of each-- 5000? Then your not looking for primers in a few months

I use small rifle primers for pistol too --  CCI 400 in both rifle and pistol 

Lou that exception is probably just fedex taking their time -- had the exception a few days before christmas -- just fedex losing my package for a few days

I agree on the hazmat - I bough 8 pounds of blackthorn 209 last year thru powder valley -- they where the only place that I could find it

I hated paying it then, but now this season I have plenty of Muzzle loader powder and it will last me many, many, seasons

One thing I usually do is max out the hazmat -- It's not really 48 pounds max -- it's that the hazmat box has to be a certain size and 6 jugs of 8 pounds are what fit physically -- they can go up in weight as long as it fits in that one box -- need another box because it just won't fit then you need another hazmat 

Only 1000? Why not get a case of each-- 5000? Then your not looking for primers in a few months

I use small rifle primers for pistol too -- CCI 400 in both rifle and pistol

Agreed. Im in for a case of both.

I'd be in on a Varget buy when it becomes available in 8lb jugs at somewhere near its normal price of approx $20/lb

Keep me in mind ... I'm good for at least 2 (maybe 3) jugs

Brian

I'd be in on a Varget buy when it becomes available in 8lb jugs at somewhere near its normal price of approx $20/lb

Keep me in mind ... I'm good for at least 2 (maybe 3) jugs

Brian

Brian,

I'll make another thread and PM the guys that post here, looking for Varget.

Eric

69 & 77gr 223 loads.

I have a 4 pound jug of VV N135 I was hoping to use for a 69 grn SMK in .223 -- just built the noveske barreled rifle and want to see what it will do

Does Varget give good, great, or outstanding results with the 69grn heads? 

any good loads or powders for 55gr .223?

Was looking to see if they have any Win 231 or 748... guess not...

I use Ramshot Tac for this -- I would buy another jug if it was available or is available at the time of order -- the "no backorder" makes me think it's hard to find and won't be around for awhile -- I have an unopened 8 pounder and maybe 3 or 4 pounds in an open jug -- far from desperate but hate not having a spare jug or 2