mikeyjones

Powder Valley group buy?

any good loads or powders for 55gr .223?

Was looking to see if they have any Win 231 or 748... guess not...

Varget works well for 55gr loads too.  I dont load 55gr, so I dont have a pet load recipe, but generally, starting at 25.5 gr of Varget and working up from there should work.

I've heard H335 works well too, but haven't tried it.

Reloader 15 is very close to Varget too.  To me, RL15 seems a bit temperature sensitive where Varget has consistent velocities, Summer or Winter.

Mikey,

Im gonna sit this one out.  The powders I would buy (Varget, Ramshot TAC Reloader 15 and h4350) are all out of stock.

Thanks,

Eric

Looks like we're getting some good response here.

I think I'll impose an arbitrary time limit of midnight tonight december 29.

Please pm me your order so I don't have to comb through this thread.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Varget?  What do you guys use that in?

Everything rifle for me. Its my go to powder for 6.5x47 lapua, but also used alot in 223 and 308 Win, 260 rem, and 6.5 Creedmoor.  XBR 8208 is supposed to be like a shorter cut Varget . I use that alot too, esp in the progressive Dillon for 223 ammo since it meters well whereas Varget does not meter well.

About to place order.  

EDIT:

We were over the 50lb hazmat limit so we were facing 2x shipping and 2x hazmat.  Order is getting modified and we now have room in the order if anyone wants to add.  Shipping costs are roughly $11ish per person. 

Sorry to make this more complicated than it needs to be.  

I maxed out a box from them before the rush--  the 1st rush 3 or 4 years ago -- how long has it been? 

Was like a $700 plus order all for myself --  right after that stuff started getting hard to find

Because of that large order I wasn't ever desperate -- maybe a little short on primers a time or 2 but never desperate

Thanks for placing the order Mikey -- Let me know when it gets here, I'll come pickup and get you the cash right away

I'm in Middlesex borough -- zip is 08846

Got a call from ups this morning that the package is "leaking and because it's hazmat they won't put it on the truck to deliver" .

I'm going to the distribution center after work to access the damage. Thankfully pv insures each package they ship so hopefully it'll get resolved.

Or it might turn out to be nothing at all.

Of course ups doesn't have their act together. Went there last night and of course the package was on a truck to be delivered. The guy didn't know what I was talking about. He said he'd call me when the driver came back, never got that call.

Will follow up with them today.