Patsy57

NJ legal Steyr Aug A3 M1 with US VLtor receiver

I was wondering if the new Steyr Aug with us barrel and VLtor receiver marked Steyr A1/M3 if you remove the flash hider and replace with a NJ legal muzzle break?

I know the original Steyr aug made over seas is banned but the new variant is us made and labeled A3/M1 on the receiver.

Thanks

#ifyouhavetoaskitisntinnj

Lol I have heard that before but I don't think hose are words to live by hence why I'm asking especially since the COlt Ar-15 is on the list so I'm looking for a more definitive explanation as to why some listed arms able to be sold or variations of and what is considered a variation? As we know it can be anything even a name.

That has AUG in the name. I don't think you're going to find a FFL in NJ that will transfer it to you, regardless of the designation on the barrel or receiver.

Unfortunately this.

I have an MSAR which is a mediocre AUG clone.

I really enjoy shooting it but MSAR went out of the rifle business and I can't source parts for it - so I seldom bring it out to the range.

I want to call VLTOR and ask them to do a run where the stamp the reveiver anything but AUG but I know it wont go anywhere....

Unfortunately this.

I have an MSAR which is a mediocre AUG clone.

I really enjoy shooting it but MSAR went out of the rifle business and I can't source parts for it - so I seldom bring it out to the range.

I want to call VLTOR and ask them to do a run where the stamp the reveiver anything but AUG but I know it wont go anywhere....

That would be an awesome F U to NJ. You never know I'd they do an anniversary edition or something

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know hay many people would drop ~$2k on a VLTOR AUG to make it worth anyone at VLTOR's time, let alone send a message to the PRNJ.

That's not quite what I was saying. I know they wouldn't do it solely for NJ but if they were doing a special run anyway it might not take much to have them change the model

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have dealt with vltor before and living in NJ is difficult since they believe everything is banned.

I attempted to have them assemble a pkm semi auto receiver with their River set. Belt Feds are not illegal as long as they are semi auto and don't have the usual bad features such a flash hider or threaded muzzle as well as the round count needs to be under 15 in a belt.

They declined to do the work even though I owned the receiver already and had it registered in NJ.

After speaking with them they stated to me aren't "all semi autos illegal in NJ"

It was over from that point...