Rob0115

NRA 500 life membership

Yes, the primary focus is to protect the 2a and gun owner  rights.  It also is tries to introduce people to shooting sports, promote safety and education.  There are tons of other benefits, like insurance, car discounts, etc, etc.

Start here and surf around.

https://membership.nrahq.org/benefits.asp

I understand the protection of 2A rights.  I'm just trying to understand why everyone is rushing to get life benefits at a discount.  If the primary motive is the protection of our 2A rights by providing money into the war chests of the NRA, shouldn't we all give them as much as we can instead of trying to get a discount on life benefits?  Once they collect your $300 or $500, you are no longer any help to the primary cause unless you are doing more to help the cause other than providing your dollars such as lobbying and actively petitioning.

Life benefits get $10k in AD&D coverage over my meager $5k.  It's not bad that this benefit only cost me only $35 but my main source of AD&D coverage is thru work.

I could be missing something as I did not go thru all the different discount benefits but I would be interested in hearing what benefits people are leveraging.

I understand the protection of 2A rights.  I'm just trying to understand why everyone is rushing to get life benefits at a discount.  If the primary motive is the protection of our 2A rights by providing money into the war chests of the NRA, shouldn't we all give them as much as we can instead of trying to get a discount on life benefits?  Once they collect your $300 or $500, you are no longer any help to the primary cause unless you are doing more to help the cause other than providing your dollars such as lobbying and actively petitioning.

Life benefits get $10k in AD&D coverage over my meager $5k.  It's not bad that this benefit only cost me only $35 but my main source of AD&D coverage is thru work.

I could be missing something as I did not go thru all the different discount benefits but I would be interested in hearing what benefits people are leveraging.

Here's another reason..  Some clubs in NJ require membership to be able to join & maintain membership at the club. 

because we're pissed off at the current administration...yet we all love a bargain!

Funny that they are pushing this. I'm sure the funding will go towards the big 2A fight in 2016 including the presidential race.

Once they collect all they can from current members that convert to life, where does funding come from for future issues unless they can get life members to open their wallet again. I'm asking as I see this as a short term measure that does not help us in the future.

I wonder if every NRA member would do a one time contribution of $100 that will be ear marked towards lobbying for universal conceal carry.

Little over a year and a half into a 5 year membership - took the extended pay plan to upgrade to Life Member.

See a lot of positive and a few negative comments on the NRA - it's a no brainier, on the federal level if you don't support the NRA who are you supporting (or do you feel the 2A issues don't need support)?

On the state level we have NJ2AS or ANJRP or both -

You can get a life membership and still send donations for different campaigns or just because they need money.

I looked at two other applications for the easy payment plan life membership.

One from a Smith &Wesson Forum, another from Mulical Rifle & Pistol Gun Club, both had the same terms for the extended payment,

But it was for the full price $1000 - so that link up top is a really good deal

The new cards will have the life member style with EPL on it.........

Aw man, mine's just the regular NRA Stand and Fight version (same as my regular 2016 before the upgrade) with the Expiration Date: EPL.

Question, lets say I do the EPL, if I want to pay it off all at once lets say next year, is that an option? Or am I stuck paying $25 a month or quarter until it pays itself?

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, this was posted from a mobile device.

You can log into your account on nramemberservices.org and click on your membership. It will give you an option to make payments online ($25 / $50 / $75 / $100 / balance of your EPL) ... or if you prefer to wait for the statements in the mail, you can write them a bigger check that they'll tack onto your account.

Little over a year and a half into a 5 year membership - took the extended pay plan to upgrade to Life Member.

See a lot of positive and a few negative comments on the NRA - it's a no brainier, on the federal level if you don't support the NRA who are you supporting (or do you feel the 2A issues don't need support)?

On the state level we have NJ2AS or ANJRP or both -

Just curious, did you get any credit on the original 5 year membership?

Just curious, did you get any credit on the original 5 year membership?

Got a statement yesterday, and yes it looks like they gave me credit for the balance on my 5 year membership.

I didn't break down the numbers, but I've only made one 25 dollar payment and they have me credited with over $90.

I'm probably going to pay off the balance sometime this year.