Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Sig Legion Series

I put a deposit on a Legion P229 9mm.... Fondling it gave me all sorts of goosebumps. I already have a P226 Extreme and it is superb. This Legion is even better. The feel and trigger are excellent.

I cannot wait to pick it up and hit the range.

Anyone fire one of these puppies yet?

4e9bdf1a38f2cd418f080dd0527329dc.jpg44cfc9ead2e52b0fbf45ee13c2daf1ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I handled one I got a thrill up my leg. (No, my real name is not Chris Matthews!) So I don't think your sensibilities are misplaced.

But, I have never fired one. Love to have one, but I already have P226-9 and can't justify this price to buy a second one. Nice as it is.

If I didn't have a P226 I'd have money down too!

P.S. Did you consider the SAO version? My wife has the standard one.

Picked up the 226 SAO version Wednesday and shot it yesterday. I'm a fan! The reset is on par with my Wilson and the trigger pull is lighter at around 2.75lbs and feels better with first impressions shooting side by side. Absolutely no movement with the undercut trigger guard.

This may replace the Wilson and G34 as my go to IDPA gun once I get a holster rig for it ( be aware that I tried to borrow a Comptac holster for a standard p226 railed and it wouldn't fit for some reason).

The sights are AWESOME, front shines nice and bright and the rear tritiums are small enough that its almost liked a blacked out rear sight during the day (my preferred set up) so I can hardly notice them so there's no distraction.

I hate the standard DA/SA for gun games and this is my first Sig, I'm very happy so far!

When I handled one I got a thrill up my leg. (No, my real name is not Chris Matthews!) So I don't think your sensibilities are misplaced.

But, I have never fired one. Love to have one, but I already have P226-9 and can't justify this price to buy a second one. Nice as it is.

If I didn't have a P226 I'd have money down too!

P.S. Did you consider the SAO version? My wife has the standard one.

Doesn't come in P229, just P226.... I don't have a 229..

And evidently, you don't either, so there is your excuse to get one. :)

The Elite and Extreme models are not cheap either, but if this lives up to it's name, I'll start replacing any common Sig with the Legion series.

Here is something else to consider. The series started around Oct, last quarter. When registering it to get my free case and challenge coin, I asked him if he knew what is next. But he thought a 45, (P227 perhaps?)

He also said they plan to release new versions of almost all their models including rifles at a rate of one per quarter. So there are 2 now which works out to be about that.

As for price, (not msrp), they are worth it if not, just for the Gray trigger, new sights, (their version of Trijicon HD sights), and the extra mag for a total of 3... Not a deal maker but exclusive membership, the free custom case and custom coin, square up the price to be fair.

I'm stoked to shoot this puppy. Reviews showed it very favorable over their lesser versions. Also, be interesting if they will beat out their Elite and Extreme versions.

How is it compared to the SRT trigger?

My P226 Extreme has the best trigger next to anything I own, (Gasp! Better than my HKs). This one seems even better than my Extreme SRT...

By the way... I fondled the Beretta/Wilson 92G and was not impressed. Compared to the Legion, if falls short. I hate the sights they have and the trigger Wilson uses does not feel that different than the regular one imho.

I'm surprised they didnt put the corrosion resistant coating on the trigger like that have in the MK25.

Why worry? I've never had any trigger rot away in the past 30 plus years of owning weapons. Would that be a deal breaker? I'm sure Bruce makes quality parts. Last thing I'd worry about is the trigger. It is heat treated black oxide. What's wrong with that? Maybe a concern of our SEALS, but not us.

Why worry? I've never had any trigger rot away in the past 30 plus years of owning weapons. Would that be a deal breaker? I'm sure Bruce makes quality parts. Last thing I'd worry about is the trigger. It is heat treated black oxide. What's wrong with that? Maybe a concern of our SEALS, but not us. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really worried. Figured they'd take all the glam and glitter from other versions and stick it on the legion. Only thing I'm worried about is finding one locally.

Doesn't come in P229, just P226.... I don't have a 229..

And evidently, you don't either, so there is your excuse to get one. :)

Well there I go again, transposing digits. Or perhaps projecting my dreams into your post. I was thinking about the P226-9 SAO myself, so that's what I read!

I still have an excuse. I have a P229-40 as well. And my firearm budget is flat right now. 

I'm sure you're going to like that Legion. Enjoy.

They are well within price ranges of other fine weapons. Ottomanelli's has them for $1250... Msrp is $1428....

I've paid more for my Kimbers and HKs..... :)

Again, great price for what you get imho...

Well there I go again, transposing digits. Or perhaps projecting my dreams into your post. I was thinking about the P226-9 SAO myself, so that's what I read!

I still have an excuse. I have a P229-40 as well. And my firearm budget is flat right now.

I'm sure you're going to like that Legion. Enjoy.

Hehe, thanks. But I know that flea will remain in your ear... ;)

If they come out with a P220 Legion SAO, I'm going to have to whore myself out.

Limited market, but I'd try.

220 is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Sig P229 9mm Legion is in da howz!

With any luck, I'll get to the range tomorrow and give her a run! But so far, cleaned it and what a smooth gun. Action and trigger right up there with the Extreme models. Hopefully better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Da Sig P229 9mm Legion is in da howz!

With any luck, I'll get to the range tomorrow and give her a run! But so far, cleaned it and what a smooth gun. Action and trigger right up there with the Extreme models. Hopefully better.

669921d1365320fd4588b5ffc915f73c.jpg

6eee1868c13e63e25b5f750b48dafe52.jpg

f803aa208c0f8356e21d49cf5dd2c0d2.jpg

Congrats! Pretty badass!

Really??? Well, if you hear about it before I do, please post!

I'll start working on my 'resume'.

No prob. Might be a few months. They say one release per quarter. But you know how these companies are.

More pics! Btw hows that case?

Its ok. Sort of a soft molded case. I wont use it. It will just be a collectors item. The coin will go with my other challenge coins in my display rack.

Well hit the range with 100 rds FM 124gr, 6 rds of Critical Duty and 39 rds of Lax 115gr...
Gun was flawless. -Except- it was shooting a bit to the left. Looked at front sight and it was not centered. Had my gun guy center it. So we shall see how it goes next trip.
Over all, I'm pleased.

I handled one the other day. Nice gun. If I didn't already have a 226 and a 229 I'd have bought it

So sell them....;)

Next one I'll prob get will either be the Legion p250 or p227 Legion.