Kimber45

7.62 rails

Hello all and Happy New Year. Building up a 308 rifle to ring in the new year. So far I have an Aero Precision M5 upper and lower. My 14.5 barrel has been ordered from Black Hole Weaponry should see that in a few weeks. In the mean time Iam in search of a quad or modular rail. My first choice would be a Geissele Mk8 but apparently as per the email they sent me not going to happen anytime soon. Next on the list is the Daniel Defence 7.62 lite rail. Seems this has been discontinued excypt for the 7 inch carbine version.. Dont really want carbon fiber so JP and Lancers out...Ive also checked out SLR s rails there nice but Iam not a big fan of the clamping arrangement for mounting...anyhow if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. If anyone has a DD lite laying around collecting dust let me know....

If you like the DD rail look on AR15.com or gunbroker for a used one. Mega make a freed lost handguard Keymod rail, that's my preference. They're generally lighter and more ergo to hold. You can ad the key mod rail pieces to the areas where you would mount accessories. I have that rail on. My .308, .300 and 6mm.