Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Have you ever wondered

Its been quiet in here lately so I figured I would post a new aquisition from a recent auction.  Have you ever wondered what a 1917 Enfield SMLE looks like brand new?  Well I picked this up for cheaper than a Mosin and it hasn't even had a screw turned on it.  There is a little wear on the high spots like the bolt knob and rear sight wings, but heck for 100 years old I cannot complain too much.  Sometime in its life it was issued to Canada, but it isnt import marked.  The bore is like the day it was made, and there isn't even wear on the magazine from either rounds or the bolt being cycled. 

P1000584_zpshvzb7rwm.jpg

P1000583_zps7bwclmw1.jpg

P1000573_zps7kvgqpll.jpg

P1000575_zps9sgzdzbq.jpg

P1000565_zpscyfvnmid.jpg

P1000572_zps8nyzelyv.jpg

P1000567_zpsdahicfey.jpg

P1000571_zpsowf9ozkd.jpg

There were a ton of them yesterday, all went cheap.  I picked up a Winchester P14 in similar condition, an unissued Savage no4, and a real oddity a Steyr 95/24 in 8mm mauser.  I cant understand what is going on in the gunworld, everything is cheap lately. 

Its been quiet in here lately so I figured I would post a new aquisition from a recent auction.  Have you ever wondered what a 1917 Enfield SMLE looks like brand new?  Well I picked this up for cheaper than a Mosin and it hasn't even had a screw turned on it.  There is a little wear on the high spots like the bolt knob and rear sight wings, but heck for 100 years old I cannot complain too much.  Sometime in its life it was issued to Canada, but it isnt import marked.  The bore is like the day it was made, and there isn't even wear on the magazine from either rounds or the bolt being cycled. 

Less than a Mosin eh? I'll give you $115 for it then.