siderman

Here's the new Kimber revo-

I love Kimbers, but I don't see the big deal. There are several detective style bobbed hammers out there that were created to be snag proof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But do you $900 like it?  I like plenty of guns but don't like the price :D

well that's MSRP...  wouldn't that sell online for around 750?

lol still a high price (and I wouldn't buy one anyways), but I like the way it looks

I have a 686 4" on order for IDPA down the road.  I couldn't pass up the price on KyGunCo at $660 w/ free shipping

well that's MSRP...  wouldn't that sell online for around 750?

lol still a high price (and I wouldn't buy one anyways), but I like the way it looks

I have a 686 4" on order for IDPA down the road.  I couldn't pass up the price on KyGunCo at $660 w/ free shipping

MSRP on the Beretta M9A3 is $1100.  I see it selling on Gunbroker for about that right now... It will take time for the price to come down if the demand is there...

To me it looks like a Chiappa Rhino and a Ruger LCR got together one night, and Kimber cloned the offspring.  Oh, and for that price I could buy both the Rhino and LCR.

I'd rather have an old Colt Detective Special...

About time they tried something different. They sure as shit can't make a 1911 so why not try an over priced wheel gun... Wonder if it has the same melting point as their other guns. 

About time they tried something different. They sure as shit can't make a 1911 so why not try an over priced wheel gun... Wonder if it has the same melting point as their other guns.

Really? Again with the bullshit Kimber remarks? You even own one? Give it a break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't own a Kimber. I won't own a Kimber. Doesn't mean I can't comment on their quality based on first hand observations.

I have seen 3 eat themselves on the line in moderate round count trainjng classes. The instructor in each class stated that wasn't the first Kimber he saw sale destruct. I'm not talking Kaboom, I'm talking parts of the gun falling/flying off the frame while shooting, one locked up so bad he needed a hammer to get the slide all the way back. One shooter dropped a mag and all these small metal bits fell out. I also saw one self destruct in training I was giving. The factory front sight flew off, the ambI safety broke and the trigger connector broke. He spent more than he initially paid getting the gun up and running. He ended up replaced every part except the frame.

All were higher-end Kimbers and all were owned by experienced gun owners.

In my opinion, based on my observation, if you don't shoot more than 1000 rounds a year and religiously follow PM cycles annually, Kimbers may be a viable option. If you shoot a lot, not so much.

John, your gun may tick along like a sewing machine - good for you. I think you may be the exception to the rule.