Rob0115

Got another stamp approved today

300 blackout SBR build stamp came today!  I'll be selling the 14.5" barrel (about 200 rounds, comp, gas block, tube and FF keymod rail to make way for the shorter barrel and hand guard.

That's two new stamps this week with 4 month turnaround.  Still waiting on the one for the can.  

Sorry bi-state resident here.  Still love the NJ gun forum folks.  We live in the one of the worst gun states and the attitude and enthusiasm of garden state gun owners is fantastic.  

I went to https://www.guntrustlawyer.com and they connected me with a lawyer in my area, based in Jacksonville, FL, and I did a more complex than cookie-cutter trust given some other life complexities.  The cheapest trusts should work for 99% of people.  

The only difference between a trust and an individual is the background check and CLEO sign off.  For SBR's the ATF has an online capability at https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/ and you just fill out the web form, upload your trust documents and away you go.  Even the description of the rifle has every maker I've ever seen in the database.  You need to choose caliber, barrel, OAL, provide a description of why you want it (the standard:  To enhance my collection and all other lawful purposes).  Submit it, pay with your credit card, attest all is true and then wait.

For the silencers they took down the eFile site and you need to fill out the paper work.  I purchased my silencers from my LGS in Jacksonville and they did all the paperwork.  I just signed and gave a check for 200 / can.  

Here is a video on the electronic forms and how to files.  

Silencer shop posted this video and has a others on their website for non-electronic forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbsltM3jyU

I'm planning on a suppressed SBR in 300blk but still haven't figured what I'm going to do about the trust. CLEO will do sign-off, it seems the trust is faster and I won't have to bother with photos/prints (for now). I prepaid for a $59 trust through 199trust.com, but I plan for it to be a primary HD weapon. I'm getting a bit worried that should I use it in such a situation, a prosecutor is going to go through the trust with a fine tooth comb trying to open me up for Federal charges or something. But I'm finding that a certain well-regarded firearm attorney is charging 10x more in price. $200 for SBR stamp, $200 for suppressor stamp, $900 for suppressor, $600 for trust. Freedom is a lot more expensive than I thought! And I won 't even get started on full auto...

I can only keep those items where legal which is my Florida residence. I'll be selling the NJ place this year anyway.

I also got another stamp today so I'm expecting a bunch more to get approved as I have 8 pending all submitted around the same time.

That's a thing of beauty. I applied for a bunch of stuff all at once and they are starting to be approved. I had to reapply on one because the system cut my name off. However, I can't wait to assemble one of these puppies.

Details on the rifle and can if you don't mind.

How long has it been since you submitted? Next time you're down, let me know and we can try and do some shooting.

The can is a Griffen Armament Recce 7. I've shot it on my Remington 700P. It's not bad, but with 175 gr bullets pushing 2600 fps, it's not real quiet. Haven't tried any subsonic .308 yet.

The 300 Blk is an AAC complete 9" MPW upper with a Griffin Armament flash/comp mount.

The lower I assembled from a Spikes lower, PSA LPK, ALG ACT trigger. MFT Minimalist stock with an H2 buffer as recommended by AAC. Ergo grip and a Gunfighter CH. I've since mounted my Aimpoint PRO, Magpul BUIS and a WMLx weapon light.

I fired a couple supers, one suppressed and one unsuppressed, one sub unsurpressed and 49 subs suppressed and not a single failure. A few times one of my Magpul mags didn't lock the bolt back when empty, but my 10 metal did. Might have been the mag. Even the super suppressed was pretty quiet. Both were easily hearing safe.

So far I'm very happy with it.

How come none of you guys are buying MGs? You can get an M11/9 and a Lage Max-11 upper for under $5K if you are shrewd. Under $4K to start with the MG. Lage uppers aint going up in price.

Oh, $4K!!! Too expensive!!!

Listen to you guys. You spend at least double that on your annual gun, silencer, and stamp budget. Get in now. You are fools not to get a MAC. Like within the next 30 days. M11/9 is the worst stock, but still a lot of fun. But it is the one with the most aftermarket options. Beat MP-5s at the range with a MAX upper, get the MAX whatever and shoot cheap Suomi 72 round drums, several types of .22 kits, caliber changes, and a 5.56/.223 Assault Rifle option. Now defunct, but available, and soon to be redone by others.

I hadn't done any research. When I bought in Florida I was like a fat guy who was deprived food and started binging in SBR and cans.

I'd love to get a MG.

I'm on a budget right now since I'm still unemployed. Have to manage my savings until I'm working again. Sucks, but don't know when I'll be working, especially a decent paying flying job.

It is what it is. I had almost everything to build the lower already, just needed the stock and buffer tube and buffer.

Hey guys - I'll be establishing my NFA Trust real soon.

I got a 3 page freebee trust document from my class 3 dealer. It's SC specific. Just have to fill it out and notarize.

Let's talk Cans.. I need 2 one in 22lr and one 5.56-7.62  Won't be using any on center fire pistols right now.

The 22lr is for yard practice and the CF rifle can for hunting.

As for 22lr I like the  TS Axiom™ Suppressor and one of my accounts can give me a good discount.

If you guys want one do the research and pm me.

Question is what do you like for CF rifle?

I know someone with a SWD M11/9 Max-31 combo in Florida. The thing is awesome. Shoots subgun matches in Port Malbar and Knob Creek. Attends the occasional MG shoot in Hernando.

13e6a29825ca16e3bdb9a83b9a2dbcb5.jpg

My only problem with the M11 is the damned cyclic rate of 1200rpm... 32rd mag in 1.5 seconds

My only problem with the M11 is the damned cyclic rate of 1200rpm... 32rd mag in 1.5 seconds

Cyclic rate with a Lage upper can be variable from 700-850 depending on how hot the ammo is and the variable buffer you put in.

I would not get an M11 without a Lage upper as it's an otherwise unpleasant and dangerous bullet hose shooter as you mentioned.

Cyclic rate with a Lage upper can be variable from 700-850 depending on how hot the ammo is and the variable buffer you put in.

I would not get an M11 without a Lage upper as it's an otherwise unpleasant and dangerous bullet hose shooter as you mentioned.

Excellent and thanks for the heads up on the Lage upper fellow infidel !

Excellent and thanks for the heads up on the Lage upper fellow infidel !

No problem!  In terms of CF rifle cans, I'm hearing the current hottest ticket is the Surefire SOCOM 762 for its blend of performance in sound suppression and POI shift.  You will pay a premium and there is a waitlist.  I also hear Saker 762 is a good cheaper alternative.

General rule with cans is:

1.  Technology and models are constantly improving.  Today's hot thing will be old news in a couple years.

2.  Combine that with tax stamp and they have no resale value.  Plan on keeping it for life.

3.  Conventional wisdom is get one 762/300 can with flexible mounting system and run it on different rifles (e.g. AR, .308 target, etc.)

4.  SilencerShop usually has the best prices if you factor in sales tax, etc.  They are the #1 retailer in cans and account for a ridiculous amount of Form 3's processed by BATFE.

No problem!  In terms of CF rifle cans, I'm hearing the current hottest ticket is the Surefire SOCOM 762 for its blend of performance in sound suppression and POI shift.  You will pay a premium and there is a waitlist.  I also hear Saker 762 is a good cheaper alternative.

General rule with cans is:

1.  Technology and models are constantly improving.  Today's hot thing will be old news in a couple years.

2.  Combine that with tax stamp and they have no resale value.  Plan on keeping it for life.

3.  Conventional wisdom is get one 762/300 can with flexible mounting system and run it on different rifles (e.g. AR, .308 target, etc.)

totally what I expect to do

4.  SilencerShop usually has the best prices if you factor in sales tax, etc.  They are the #1 retailer in cans and account for a ridiculous amount of Form 3's processed by BATFE.

I'm well aware of  Silencer Shop Real nice folks too.

I have a local guy that gave me all the trust forms and if we can agree on pricing I feel like I owe him something

I'm well aware of  Silencer Shop Real nice folks too.

I have a local guy that gave me all the trust forms and if we can agree on pricing I feel like I owe him something

Gun Gallery, my LGS in Jacksonville, shows MSRP on their website but I bough two cans from for about 15% under.  They're good and helpful so I throw them the business.  It's also faster because SOTs need to wait for a form 3 approval to transfer between each other.  It takes about an extra month before you apply.  

Here is mine. I would like a MAX-31 (I even have Suomi mags) but if I could only have one it would definitely be MAX-11. Too many gun projects to get the 31 right now.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=11708

Can you take a picture of the entire gun?  I can only see the can and fore end  

Gun Gallery, my LGS in Jacksonville, shows MSRP on their website but I bough two cans from for about 15% under. They're good and helpful so I throw them the business. It's also faster because SOTs need to wait for a form 3 approval to transfer between each other. It takes about an extra month before you apply.

Buy from stocking dealers is the way to go for cans (in-state private for MGs). I don't need any help. I bought a machinegun over a guy's kitchen table and put the forms in the mail before I got home.

Can you take a picture of the entire gun?  I can only see the can and fore end

I don't have a hand held camera right now, and my upload is full, here is an older pic of that weapon, but with stock folded.

313949a36903166ac.jpg

313949a3ff8123e7f.jpg

I am HOPING one of our members will post video. He posted it here before. I don't have that video. I have other video, but then there is the problem of asking people if I can show it, since I don't have software to edit people out. Nothing to do with guns, just the way I roll with media on the internet.