Sign in to follow this  
jmolli

How is NJ Gun Permit Handled for a Warranty Replacement Gun

Does anyone have any experience with getting a defective gun replaced under warranty. How is the handgun permit handled for the replacement gun, which now has a different serial number than what appears on your NJ Permit to Purchase paperwork??

Would the replacement pistol have to be sent to an FFL of your choice and then do you have to go through the whole permitting process again to pick it up, if you don't have any valid additional permits at the time?

Send the gun back directly to the manufacturer. You might be lucky and they send the new one directly back to you.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Realistically, just apply for extra permit lol, wifey is only getting her EAA Pavona in Sapphire and I made her apply for 2 in case. I'm planning on VP9 and Shield 9mm and I applied for 3. Best case scenario I may end up with a couple extra :)

Does anyone have any experience with getting a defective gun replaced under warranty. How is the handgun permit handled for the replacement gun, which now has a different serial number than what appears on your NJ Permit to Purchase paperwork??

Would the replacement pistol have to be sent to an FFL of your choice and then do you have to go through the whole permitting process again to pick it up, if you don't have any valid additional permits at the time?

Are you sure it's going to be replaced and not repaired?

You need another permit to pick up the replacement gun. New serial number= new permit

^^^^ That's it. Happened to my wife. Waited another three months to pick up her last pistol. 

If the frame/serial changes, the factory should give you a letter stating that fact so you have proof where the old frame/serial went. S&W did this automatically.

If they are giving you a new gun you will need a permit as it will have a new serial number. It is illegal for manufactures to use the same or transfer serial numbers to a new gun.

I had a finish problem with my first AR. It took 9 weeks, but Stag made a new lower with the same serial number and returned my rifle to me.

Then again, considering their current problems, who knows if it was legal?

What was the issue?Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

A rolled pin that passes thru the slide channel in the frame was protruding slightly into the channel. After my 1st 150 rnds, the slide had chewed up the pin and chipped away the anodizing and some of the alloy frame around it. I noticed it after I got home when I broke it down to clean it. The pin anchors the sear spring.