Lspooner

Is there a no-compromise RTBA organization is NJ?

Are there any no-compromise RTBA organizations in NJ?  I'm not a fan of the NRA, at least on a national level. Nationally, GOA is probably the best group, though they disappointed me with their endorsement of Ted Cruz.  JPFO used to be solid but I recall that their new leadership might have gotten squishy.  Thanks.

He is not ineligible.  This has been proven multiple times.  Which candidate IS a strict Constitutionalist?

Maybe this should be the topic of another thread. But one must have two US citizen parents at time of birth in order to be "a natural born citizen".  Cruz's father was a Cuban National. 

There are no candidates that are strict Constitutionalists.  There was one in 2008 and 2012.

Maybe this should be the topic of another thread. But one must have two US citizen parents at time of birth in order to be "a natural born citizen". 

Please show me where that is written....

Natural Born citizen is anyone who is given citizenship at birth, doesn't matter where on Earth it happens.

Maybe this should be the topic of another thread. But one must have two US citizen parents at time of birth in order to be "a natural born citizen". Cruz's father was a Cuban National.

Bullshit. Cause anchor babies.

Germane to the discussion :

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

aaahhhhh. a trump birther.....

:facepalm:

read the laws educate yourself..... he is eligible.... not even worth discussing it further

Not a Trump supporter.  I guess calling someone a birther is supposed to take the place of rational discussion.  This is a Constitutional issue, as it was in 2008. 

Are there any no-compromise RTBA organizations in NJ?  I'm not a fan of the NRA, at least on a national level. Nationally, GOA is probably the best group, though they disappointed me with their endorsement of Ted Cruz.  JPFO used to be solid but I recall that their new leadership might have gotten squishy.  Thanks.

Now that Nickjc has posted the actual Federal statute, can we get Presidential politics out of the NJ Second Amendment movement????? 

Addressing your question from above:

Are you (Lspooner) looking to JOIN, VOLUNTEER, CHAIR A COMMITTEE, DONATE A HUGE SUM OF MONEY, etc. with a New Jersey Corp. seeking to overturn our unlawful "Justifiable Need" provision which disarms commoners attempting to CCW in public?  By what criteria do you consider a "no-compromise RTBA organization" to be?  Can we still follow federal and state firearm and tax laws?  If the answer is YES to any of the foregoing, please contact ME at your earliest convenience, as we need to open a dialogue to see where your TIME / TALENT / TREASURE can best be put to use fighting alongside our dedicated patriots.  I'll be expecting a reply.

On behalf of our Board of Trustees, Committee People and dedicated Volunteers, I remain,

Yours for 2A freedom in New Jersey

Dave Rosenthal, Vice President

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm owners

http://www.JustifiableNeed.com 

http://www.cnjfo.com 

If you want to improve your lot as a gun owner in this state you must be prepared to compromise. Barring a deus ex machina legal decision, like the miracle that occurred in Illinois two years ago and which will never happen in NJ, you have to be prepared to fight a 15-30 year battle. If you're 30 years old ok. If you're 61 like me not so OK. 

Even if you fight you must realize that demographics, cultural decline, and a general erosion of ALL our civil rights are unfolding before our eyes. Gun rights are only part of it.

My friend Mipafox has criticized this notion, as if 2nd Amendment rights existed in a vacuum.

If I lived in a state that respected my rights I'd probably feel the same way. Fight, fight, fight. But at this point we petrified shit-stained New Jersey residents are so far behind the rest of the country, so far from the national norm, that we have to take anything we can get -- but continue fighting.

Sadly, I believe the pendulum is swinging in the opposite direction and soon states will be following our approach to "common-sense gun laws" and not those of the state where "gun laws improve every two years."

The issue is not so much finding a no-compromise organization. There is one who claims that whose name I will not mention. Our goal should be to organize, identify the weak points intelligently, and attack them day by day, week by week, month by month, using available resources not for poster-child cases but to everyone's benefit.

If you want to improve your lot as a gun owner in this state you must be prepared to compromise. Barring a deus ex machina legal decision, like the miracle that occurred in Illinois two years ago and which will never happen in NJ, you have to be prepared to fight a 15-30 year battle. If you're 30 years old ok. If you're 61 like me not so OK. 

Even if you fight you must realize that demographics, cultural decline, and a general erosion of ALL our civil rights are unfolding before our eyes. Gun rights are only part of it.

My friend Mipafox has criticized this notion, as if 2nd Amendment rights existed in a vacuum.

If I lived in a state that respected my rights I'd probably feel the same way. Fight, fight, fight. But at this point we petrified shit-stained New Jersey residents are so far behind the rest of the country, so far from the national norm, that we have to take anything we can get -- but continue fighting.

Sadly, I believe the pendulum is swinging in the opposite direction and soon states will be following our approach to "common-sense gun laws" and not those of the state where "gun laws improve every two years."

The issue is not so much finding a no-compromise organization. There is one who claims that whose name I will not mention. Our goal should be to organize, identify the weak points intelligently, and attack them day by day, week by week, month by month, using available resources not for poster-child cases but to everyone's benefit.

Newtonian & All,

You make a lot of good points here.  I wouldn't call it a "compromise" in being forced to accept decisions made without regard to the folks most impacted by said new decisions.  We in NJ do have a daily struggle, and although I'm not ready to jump for joy and celebrate shallow victories, they're victories non-the-less.  So I shall take them and FORGE FULL SPEED AHEAD!

As an amateur historian, I'm quite fond of General George S. Patton, Jr., Commander of the U.S. Third Army during WW2.  Patton was often quoted as not liking to fight for the same real estate TWICE!  Well here in New Jermany, since we lost the right to CCW, we have no other choice.  But let's all agree to do it Patton's way:  "WE SHALL ATTACK, AND ATTACK AND ATTACK SOME MORE!  THERE IS NO SURRENDERING IN MY ARMY!"  Well that's the way we at the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners see the task ahead. 

Here in NJ, I've personally witnessed and been a part of the greatest groundswell for 2A Rights in my lifetime (I'm 56).  Women of child-bearing age are coming out of the woodwork in DROVES to learn how to shoot, buy guns, and protect themselves.  For the last several years OBRPC has had to turn-away participants from their NRA Women On Target program known as "Ladies Day".  As a volunteer Instructor, I have direct contact with the 70+ women that pour through the gate to get to the full-day program.  Demographics be DAMNED, from 8-80 everybody is LEARNING, and then applying for permits.  Black, white, hispanic, asian, it runs the gamut.  It's no secret industry-wide that WOMEN are making more gun purchasing decisions than ever before.  In fact, it's NORMAL, as New Jerseyans are behaving more like Free Americans every damn day!  Entire groups of Women have formed Clubs, and these women are promoting .22 Kids Shoots at no less than (5) ranges that I know of.  Our hope is at some point these same women will become "gun educated" and active in re-obtaining the CCW rights that their mothers and grandmothers had.  Believe me when I tell you this, as a former freelance news photographer, I KNOW what's NEWS.  Get a dozen or more Moms pushing strollers and carrying signs and the media will cover it.  Get enough of these Moms INFORMED and PISSED that they LOST their collective RIGHT to protect their CHILDREN and you have a group of DETERMINED Protesters willing to go into Battle!  Oh to think of what could have been if we were "allowed" (by a certain someone who shall remain nameless) to "show-up" just behind the Reporters doing "live shots" from the Mall at Short Hills right after the carjacking / murder with the Stroller Brigade leading the charge for CCW!  

Since I'm an optimist, and especially since I'm reporting "from the trenches", let me tell you & everyone here that the pendulum is swingin' hard in OUR DIRECTION!  More states are opting for open carry w/o any permit.  Some have new laws allowing concealed carry in parks and multiple other public venues, so good law is being written.

As you well point-out, the GOAL for us to succeed is ORGANIZATION!  We at the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners have let it be known that we wish to help all those souls here looking to make a difference.  A volunteer can select a committee membership to offer their assistance, form their own committee and LEAD it through a project as a committee chair, help craft our message and relay it to both the public and the media, write html for our website upgrades and additions, or even just write a check to keep the lights on.  We hold open Trustee meetings on a monthly basis.  All anyone here has to do is ASK to be invited (to the DEEP end of the Pool).  Together we can overturn "Justifiable Need" through public education and the agitation of a demographic that will have Trenton quaking in their boots!  We're looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Yours for 2A FREEDOM in New Jersey,

David "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice President

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

Yours for 2A FREEDOM in New Jersey,

David "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice President

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

Rosey I tried joining last week but the website did not accept my info. Anyone else have that problem?

I'd be interested in volunteering.

Rosey I tried joining last week but the website did not accept my info. Anyone else have that problem?

I'd be interested in volunteering.

Sending you a PM.  Hopefully it was just a glitch.

alright im onboard, just made my donation

THANKS SO MUCH!  

Let us know if you wish to come to a Board meeting, volunteer for a committee or work a booth at a public event.  We'll notify you by newsletter as things progress and where we need help.

From all of us, thanks again!

Dave

THANKS SO MUCH!  

Let us know if you wish to come to a Board meeting, volunteer for a committee or work a booth at a public event.  We'll notify you by newsletter as things progress and where we need help.

From all of us, thanks again!

Dave

I have a little one due literally any day now, but keep me posted and ill help where i can

I have a little one due literally any day now, but keep me posted and ill help where i can

THANKS & will do.  Good luck with the delivery and hope all goes smooth for wife, baby AND you!

Maybe this should be the topic of another thread. But one must have two US citizen parents at time of birth in order to be "a natural born citizen".  Cruz's father was a Cuban National. 

There are no candidates that are strict Constitutionalists.  There was one in 2008 and 2012.

Are you really Donald Trump?? ;)

Cnjfo. Rosey et al. Thank you for having me at your meeting the other week. This organization is a whole new approach from what you have been seeing. Its realistic. Also its goal is to put nj into a different mind frame on firearms. Being that its not abnormal to own a firearm. As the northeast state dem's would like you to (feel). But thats how a very large majority of the US views them as a norm. Which it is. It will take take time and alot of volunteerism over time. But seriously look into

Cnjfo. You will see the vision. And it is a vision. Because a vision takes time. Not instantaneous.

Anyway. Ill be in touch with you all soon to help/work on projects upcoming. Sorry for the response delay. This 2' of snowstorm has had me all screwed up for the last while.

Goodnight