Sign in to follow this  
Krdshrk

Howard Leight Impact Pro - $45

Howard Leight by Honeywell R-01902 Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Black

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BGSI5U/

They look a bit chunky but have really good sound attenuation (NRR 30db).  Probably too chunky for rifle use but for indoor pistol, I'd take 'em.

why did you think the sports were inadequate? 

Indoor use they don't block out enough sound.  They're only like NRR 19 or somewhat.  Outside it's not as bad unless you're shooting some really loud guns.  I generally double-up with plugs underneath with my HL Impact Sports.

I ordered these on this deal before I saw the posting here. They just showed up last evening. I have to say, compared to the Sports, these are serious quality NRR protection. They have similar tight seal like i have with Peltor standard muffs and the sound quality is excellent. I have to say, they are pretty big though. I think these are going to be my go to ones for indoor ranges/pistol shooting, but not sure I will go away from my Sports (with some foam plugs inside) for rifle/outdoor days....