Zeke

Ccw on military bases soon possible?

Air Force tells brass they can OK guns on base, citing 2015 shooting that left 5 dead http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/25/air-force-tells-brass-can-ok-guns-on-base-citing-2015-shooting-that-left-5-dead.html

Apparently it's always been up to the CO?

End of article has an anti dissent.

We probably won't see this without political pressure. No base commanding officer is going to take the responsibility for whatever fraction of a percent chance of an accidental discharge and death of an innocent bystander.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But it's ok overseas? War is coming here

Active shooter reported now at a Naval Medical Center Balboa (San Diego CA).

http://www.kusi.com/story/31059496/breaking-active-shooter-reported-at-naval-medical-center-san-diego

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) - A lockdown was issued at Naval Medical San Diego Tuesday morning after reports of an active shooter were made, according to the hospital's Facebook page.

The post, which was made at 8:07 a.m. on Naval Medical San Diego's verified page, said an active shooter was reported in building #26. All occupants were advised to run, hide or fight and all non-emergency response personnel were asked to stay away from the compound.

Witnesses said they heard three shots fired just after 8 a.m. possibly coming from the basement of the building.

Naval medical center is located at 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134 and serves a large amount of military personel, retirees and family members every day.

from Naval Base San Diego bookface page

!ATTENTION! NBSD has received reports of an active shooter on the base at Balboa medical center building 26. If you are in the vicinity, shelter in place. If in immediate danger, hide or seek shelter in secure space. Barricade the door and dial 9 1 1. Silence phones and other devices. Stay away from doors and windows. Remain calm and quiet. We are monitoring this page and will continue to provide updates.

I bet the Navy wishes it had something something similar to the AF proposal in place right now.

We probably won't see this without political pressure. No base commanding officer is going to take the responsibility for whatever fraction of a percent chance of an accidental discharge and death of an innocent bystander.

Is this the political pressure you will speak of?

Active shooter reported now at a Naval Medical Center Balboa (San Diego CA).

http://www.kusi.com/story/31059496/breaking-active-shooter-reported-at-naval-medical-center-san-diego

I bet the Navy wishes it had something something similar to the AF proposal in place right now.

not for nothing, talliban jus aced 10 afghan cops as an insurgenget. It's a long game here, but if I can think they are in the military, they can also.

No tin foil, I'll post the report

Afghan policeman kills 10 others in insider attack http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/26/afghan-official-policeman-kills-10-other-police-in-south.html

I don't hear that from NJ guns rights supporters very often :)

Not for nothing, I get the bs chain of command, they have a long game( retire in 20, consult for some contractor, politics ) but, we give our service members the ability to wage war; but not to defend themselseves at home? Cmon!

This is not about ccw on base. This is about military personnel (other than military police) arming up with service weapons (M-9) and open carrying. I doubt we'll ever see commanders accepting responsibility for military members carrying service weapons off base or military members carrying personal firearms concealed on base.

This is not about ccw on base. This is about military personnel (other than military police) arming up with service weapons (M-9) and open carrying. I doubt we'll ever see commanders accepting responsibility for military members carrying service weapons off base or military members carrying personal firearms concealed on base.Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nothing changed. Commanders have always had the power to allow firearm possession or carry.