average joe

Trenton / Mercer airport with a firearm

Not to hijack, but has anyone flown out of LGA w/ a checked gun? Debating if I want to carry on my trip to TX.

without a new york handgun permit i would not risk it. 

Flew in May from TTN to ATL without a problem. Told the girl at the counter I had a handgun to declare. She didn't even batt and eye, gave me a little red tag to fill out and went about her business.

The only think is that u have to stay with your bag as it goes through the X-Ray machine and she did not tell me. I already knew so I stuck around and when I warned the guy putting the bags on the conveyor his eyes bugged out a bit but then he asked if I declared it. I said yes, so he cleared all the other bags off of the belt, left my bag by itself in the machine, ran it through and said I was good to go.

Whole process took all of 5 minutes. Tops.

Not to hijack, but has anyone flown out of LGA w/ a checked gun? Debating if I want to carry on my trip to TX.

IANAL, but

Based on my recollection from reading past threads you should absolutely not bring your weapon to a NY city airport. There is the likelihood that the NYPD would be summoned and you arrested when you declare it.

Ttn and acy were just fine. Absolutely no problem at PHL.

Do not risk nyc airports, about 50 percent chance of arrest. Plenty of gun phobia in NYC and you do not have a nyc permit.

A number of world class competitive shooters arrested at JFK for transferring with a firearm.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk