If you're the panty wearing type go take them off because they're going to get wadded up on this one.

This is America, where the Armalite rifle was designed, refined and built. Proud Americans own and use ARs.

There is no reason to use or even want the rifle of our enemies. Why would anyone want an inaccurate, ugly and cheaply made rifle with a crappie trigger? You don't see any of the top pro shooters or even the guy in last place using an AK at any competition. You also won't see the greatest Military on earth, ours, using an AK. If it's not good enough for them why is is good enough for you? 

Anyone who knows what end of a hammer to use can ASSEMBLE an AR. Not that you need a hammer to ASSEMBLE an AR I'm just using that for an example. I say ASSEMBLE because you don't build an AR. There is no grinding, no welding, no fitting, it's just simple assembly that only takes a total noob about an hour. 

Trust me when I say it is way more satisfying when you go to the range with a rifle that you assembled with your own two hands and it puts all the bullets in one little jagged hole at 100 yards. It's really satisfying when you can take that same rifle out to 600 yards with confidence. Don't tell me your wife's best friends brothers nebior has an AK that out shoots AR's because I know you are just full of... 

1 Because it works

2 because it works for me

3 because it gets ar fanboys panties in a twist

ill probably never shoot anything at 800yards, and i like 30cal at the distances i can shoot. a lot of the ak inaccuracy things are from people not knowing how to shoot, meaning as in fundamentals of marksmanship, and people not being able to properly use the sights. the other half comes from the fact that every guy with an ar, regardless of what make or parts thinks they have a 1 MOA or less weapon. Im not saying that there aren't good ARs that are sub moa rifles, there are. im just saying that your average cheap/budget ar shooting the cheapest ammo you can find online isnt going to be that rifle. I am honestly of the believer that in the right hands, and with proper ammo, both are combat accurate weapons

I rebuilt my ak from the barreled receiver up. im slowly colecting parts to build a x39 ar, just because i can

and yes my ak is tacti-cool, but honestly i built the rifle with a set goal of parameters for what i wanted it to do, and thats what fit that. if funds/wife allowed id have at least one in wood, but i used my last omission to the wife for a sks

i dont see why there has to be such a one sided argument, or a rift to this, both have their pluses and minuses, as does any other different guns you can compare. ive been shooting practice trap at thunder mountain with a M500 with an ati stock on it. would an over under target gun be better? of course, but i have it, i can make it work, and last time i tied for second with the group of 4 guys i was with. biggest thing i see wrong with the ar platform currently (really 223/556 in general) is the whole panic buying thing

You AR fangirls are all the same - just sound like a bunch of whiney little kids.

"This is America," you say. It's funny you state that yet complain about what other people may like. Yes, it is America and we get to choose what gun we want or don't want. Why rag on someone because they like rifle A and not rifle B? AK's are awesome and fun to shoot. AR's are kind of boring pieces of plastic. What do I say? Buy both, shoot both, enjoy both. That's what a lot of us do.

Honestly, disregarding what specific weapons we are talking about, I don't have a problem with America using weapons that our enemy created. If China builds a missile that is better than anything America has I think we shoul try to build those and not use inferior weapons because they are ours. And then of course we should try to build a better one. I'm not talking about the AR AK thing, just saying that if there is anything goo out there we should use it and improve it.

Guns are fun.

Variety is the spice of life.

I own an AR15 I assembled and a Russian SKS made in 1953. Best of both worlds.

(I want to build an AK47 from Home Depot sheet metal and a parts kit.)

I just bought my first AK for training purposes,  Nice but I love my AR's !

Shane45:

OK just don't cry when I accidentally shoot you because you were carrying the "enemy's" weapon! :D

You are absolutely correct.  I trained on targets with crescent shaped magazines.  Enemy identification like aircraft cards.

Golf battery:

One reason to own an ak. I own one and my reason is because i want to know an enemies firearm as good as i know my ar. What?? No im not paranoid

This is why I bought an AK.  Yes I was trained on the enemy's weapon.  But my family wasn't.  The Gov't trained both my wife and daughter on M-16's.

Now there maybe 300 million AK's in the world and in a let's say a "tense" situation you may have to pick one up off the ground and use it.

Based on the major differences In the operating systems of both It's good to be trained on both.

I just bought my first AK for training purposes, Nice but I love my AR's !

Shane45:

OK just don't cry when I accidentally shoot you because you were carrying the "enemy's" weapon! :D

You are absolutely correct. I trained on targets with crescent shaped magazines. Enemy identification like aircraft cards.

Golf battery:

One reason to own an ak. I own one and my reason is because i want to know an enemies firearm as good as i know my ar. What?? No im not paranoid

This is why I bought an AK. Yes I was trained on the enemy's weapon. But my family wasn't. The Gov't trained both my wife and daughter on M-16's.

Now there maybe 300 million AK's in the world and in a let's say a "tense" situation you may have to pick one up off the ground and use it.

Based on the major differences In the operating systems of both It's good to be trained on both.

Who is this enemy you speak of? Are you getting ready to be deployed? If so, I thank you for your service and wish you luck. Or is it that you guys seriously live your life waiting for Russian paratroopers to come out of the sky? I guess in theory this could happen but very unlikely.

Who is this enemy you speak of? Are you getting ready to be deployed? If so, I thank you for your service and wish you luck. Or is it that you guys seriously live your life waiting for Russian paratroopers to come out of the sky? I guess in theory this could happen but very unlikely.

never know man i want an ak so i can learn to use 1. what if your at a mall in nj and a terrorist attack happens and they have ak's. we dont get to carry a gun. if a group over powers 1 guy with a gun would be nice to know how to use it to protect yourself from the others terrorists. not likely but never know.

I dont think that anybody can make a realistic argument that an AK can compete with an AR for accuracy. But, it doesnt take away the fact that they are really cool guns and very worth owning. 

It didnt get to be the most common gun in the worl for no reason.

never know man i want an ak so i can learn to use 1. what if your at a mall in nj and a terrorist attack happens and they have ak's. we dont get to carry a gun. if a group over powers 1 guy with a gun would be nice to know how to use it to protect yourself from the others terrorists. not likely but never know.

The most recent attack in California involved AR's not AK's.

The most recent attack in California involved AR's not AK's.

So what? Just because shooters used one specific platform in one specific instance doesn't really prove a point. We as fire arm enthusiast should be embracing every manual of arms there is.

And ak's are freaking cool. Can anyone in this thread say they wouldn't want to shoot a 7.62x54r vepr

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So what? Just because shooters used one specific platform in one specific instance doesn't really prove a point. We as fire arm enthusiast should be embracing every manual of arms there is.

And ak's are freaking cool. Can anyone in this thread say they wouldn't want to shoot a 7.62x54r vepr

Yeah..so..what I am trying to say is buying an AK because you want to train with it fearing that our enemies might come here wielding AK's is a reach at best.

I agree they are cool. I bought one before I had an AR and shoot them both equally. I actually like the AK better.

Yeah..so..what I am trying to say is buying an AK because you want to train with it fearing that our enemies might come here wielding AK's is a reach at best.

I agree they are cool. I bought one before I had an AR and shoot them both equally. I actually like the AK better.

And Carl_g not at you specifically ... But with the numerous AKs worldwide the likelihood of one being used in a domestic terrorist attack is pretty good.

And it would be nice to be familiar with one if it became available during that event.

I wonder if similar discussions happen in Russia.  It would be funny as hell. 

Vladimir: Comrade, your head is full of cabbage, AR is most best space age rifle in planetski,

Boris:  No comrade, AK is national prideski. Stolen....I mean...invented by national hero.

Vladamir: Comrade, 5.56 is most ballistic stable.

Boris  Zadrota!  7.62 break concrete wall like jack hammer.

Oh boy. Ignorance galore. If you dont understand my comment. Then dont respond. Because you just dont get it. Peace out.

I think most people agree with you dude. This thread is an unsuccessful troll attempt don't worry about it