Golf battery

Rcbs or hornady or forster ?????

So im looking for a single stage press to load 308 223 and 300 wm. My concerns are seating primers properly to correct depth and resizing. From reviews ive read the rcbs supreme has issues with the primer decapping and the ease of repriming or lack of ease. The hornady actually has better reviews. What are your thoughts from people that own these presses. Oh and while im at it. Seating dies for these calibers. I see these gold medal dies with incremental adjustments. Are they worth it?

Much appreciated.

Most single stage presses don't have adjustable depth primer seating - I'd look for an individual priming tool, that includes that feature, to accomplish that task. Since I've been out of the game for years I'm not sure such a tool exists, but I'm sure others will chime in.

As for the bullet seating dies with micrometer adjustments, worthwhile only if you intend to load different bullets and you want to be able to repeat your depth adjustments.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My opinion is go with the Hornady. I have a RCBS my friend has a Hornady. The package he got for the price came with way more things and the Lock N Load system is so good that I wound up upgrading my RCBS with the Hornady fitting.

If you can swing the money of course just go with CoAx and be done. I just don't think it's worth the price tag if you don't know if you'll stick to reloading.

OK my snobbery attitude exposed !!!

In a single stage press, other than extreme bench rest, RCBS is the only way to go. Smoother and better leverage / feel.

Griz is right on the money.  All the big boys use a hand primer. And make sure you clean the primer pockets if you're serious.

Micrometer bullet seating die? I don't know how exacting you want to be and how much you are willing to develope your loads. If you are shooting precision and are going to really play with "COL" (it's not really that) you may want one. Though I've done some nice work without one.  I use them in both my precision rifles and it makes life easier. I'm not going to give you a reloading lesson but I guess you know COL is all BS and only for fitting in magazines.  The real dimension you are concerned with is orgive to case head so, buy a comparitor and find a way to measure your chamber.

I currently use a hornady progressive for everything. I just purchased the coal gauge from hornady to measure from the ogive to give me my seating depth. I just want more precise loads and that is why im looking for a single stage. The forster has now sparked my interest. Tell me more. So hand priming is the way to go?

I'm the second generation using my Rock Chucker FWIW. It skipped my dad and went to me, so technically I'm the third generation on it.

I prime on the press. I don't have issues with primer depth as IMHO I have a good feel.

I have the gold metal or whatever it's called micrometer dies from RCBS. My COAL varies somewhat wildly. Honestly except for initial setup and feeding through the window there isn't any advantage. One disadvantage I have is I can't use my case kicker.

I have both the Hornady progressive and single stage presses, and absolutely love the Lock-n-Load bushings. If I were in the market for a new single stage, it would definitely be the new Hornady Iron Press, which just came out.

I can't give a review of it, but it seems to be at least comparable to a Forster.

I will say that Hornady's customer service is the best that I've ever experienced.

Went to cabelas today. I bought the rcbs summit press. I had a 20$ off coupon. 5 percent vet discount and 3 percent cabelas black card visa discount. It ran me about 165$. I like the forster idea but i went the regular style with shell plates.