Maksim

US-Army-Marksmanship-Guide

I'd be glad to teach you jarheads which end of the gun to point down range when I get to Jersey :mrgreen:

True the Army has a lot of FM and written procedures, but I'd be damned if I ever saw one when I was in. Actually I think I did see a couple of them once, I was using them since we ran out of sand bags at the range ;)

Army HOOOOOAH!

"I'd be glad to teach you jarheads which end of the gun to point down range when I get to Jersey"

I was training and instructing Men on how to shoot and to become a lean, mean, fierce, killing machine, long before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

I sincerely doubt you can teach me anything new. :lol:

Oh, and to make the record clear: It is "OOO-RAH", in your most manly of a war voice for the MARINE CORPS.

Bill

Sergeant, USMC

best I got is perhaps my eye sight is better than yours most likely :D and that is even fading....

and I know it is OOOORAH for the Marines. I was always a little jealous about that, seeing as it is HOOOOAH in the Army. HOOOOOAH!!!! just doesn't have the nonretarding sound that OOORAH has.

HOOOOAH is pronounced HOOOAAAAH all one syllable. Not two like OOOO-RAH.

no no, not at all.

I am just wondering... what my response will be when the department of homeland security asks me to give them the list of all the potential "political extremists" that are defined by being a military vet. ;)

Interesting read, thanks. I can not comment on the ongoing pissing contest as I was never in the service. My brother was and the older he gets, the more bravado his stories become filled with (he was an Air Force jet mechanic). :lol:

awww I'm surprised I havn't seen any Navy boys come in here yet. I guess with the Marine showing, they are kind of hiding lol.

Still regret not joining back when I wanted to but we live we learn. My hats off to all of you guys for serving, excellent job!

I concur with Matt... I have very few regrets in my life, but not serving is number one. I just feel like I didn't pull my weight. My Dad worked for Army research labs for 40 years so in my book he is covered. I went right to college and right to work. So, I humbly thank all that have served before me and will do so after me.

I concur with Matt... I have very few regrets in my life, but not serving is number one. I just feel like I didn't pull my weight. My Dad worked for Army research labs for 40 years so in my book he is covered. I went right to college and right to work. So, I humbly thank all that have served before me and will do so after me.

Funny this thread is going on at this time.

Today I was at a car event all day long and I was with a good friend of mine from when I was in highschool and he was the Marine recruiter for my surrounding towns. Anyway were driving up route 23 and this bright neon green charger pulls up next to us were like WTF, well it turns out he saw our club sticker and it turned out to be a kid I went to HS with that my buddy put into the Marines. I havn't seen him in 5 years so we pull over and bs etc. We had a lot of kids join the military from my highschool and for the most part and a lot of my friends have been coming back and they are all like THANK GOD its over. So today I got to see my buddy Rick and we got BSing and telling me all these stories of his worldly travel etc. To make a long story short it really brought back those feelings that I had for joining and still regret not doing it.

Anyway sorry to bore you guys with my uber long stories, just fun to finally see guys you havn't in a while!

Thanks for the thanks. I was a part of the 0.3% that joins the military out of the high school I go to on average. I definitely feel like I lagged behind some after separating socially, until I realized that things just changed-- as had I. Must admit I'm glad my contract is up (no IRs for me, was fortunate to get a full separation-- so, I'm a civie now), but I definitely miss it at times. Life was much simpler, albeit more fast-paced. I apply the basic ideals in my life, and how I treat others-- and will definitely apply technical and intrinsic skills to my eventual career.

As for the topic, this guide is interesting. Though I had to carry an M9 at times, the most train up I got was range-time and cleaning time... never had to sit through classroom instruction.

My Uncle was in the Army, My brother in Marines, dad was navy blah blah blah, whole family was in somewhere. But I wasn't able to join.

So my quote here would be, If the Army could shoot well, why do we send in the Marines??? Kidding, I respect all branches.

God Bless all of you.

Same here, My brother is a Marine, My dad was in Nam ,I have 3 cousin in the Marines, I tried to join the Marines when I turned 18, But they wouldn't take me do to a medical condition, which sucks. :doh:

My Uncle was in the Army, My brother in Marines, dad was navy blah blah blah, whole family was in somewhere. But I wasn't able to join.

So my quote here would be, If the Army could shoot well, why do we send in the Marines??? Kidding, I respect all branches.

God Bless all of you.

My view is I would rather read a sniper book written for the marines,which I have read curtosey of a cousin. I have read so many military manuels it isn't funny. Everyone around me joined, I tried but I weighed to much. my cousin as mentioned was a marine along with a bunch of other friends,had 2 friends join the army one became a Ranger and another joined the airforce. One guy joined the navy and tried to be a seal but he was too much of a pansy :lol: I have ordered a number of military manuels in order to be prepared for anything that could happen. Waiting for someone to write one titled "crazy presidents and how to deal with them"

I do respect and thank every military servicemen/woman for what they do for our freedoms and puttting their lives on the line to protect their country.

The USAMU did well at Camp Perry this year. Their team shot a perfect score in the long range 1000 yard Herrick Trophy shoot.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/08/usamu-team-shoots-record-800-57x-at-1000-yards/

They also won at the 52nd Annual Interservice Rifle Championships in July prior to Camp Perry.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/07/usamu-shooters-win-team-and-individual-interservice-titles/