Ruger11

New Jersey Firearms Guild in Rahway

Is the Garand guy in the physical store space or is he next door or...? Does he have rifles onsite or is he mostly a parts business at this point? It's been about 10 years since I was last in that shop but I've been thinking of swinging by. That and I feel the need to buy a Garand at some point. ;) Thanks.

Is the Garand guy in the physical store space or is he next door or...? Does he have rifles onsite or is he mostly a parts business at this point? It's been about 10 years since I was last in that shop but I've been thinking of swinging by. That and I feel the need to buy a Garand at some point. ;) Thanks.

He's in the store and has a bunch of WWII era (and maybe even WWI?) pistols and rifles.

Its a great showcase, definitely worth a look..

His official address is in the store, and he does have some stock there, but that is not where the bulk of his work and business is done.

Great place to buy guns. They will spend time with you and make sure you are comfortable with what you are buying.

I bought 2 kimbers, an AR and a Beretta 12ga from them in the last year or so.

Prices are good, discount for cash/check...

Great place to buy guns. They will spend time with you and make sure you are comfortable with what you are buying.

I have bought quite a few guns there, including a few very expensive things, but I would disagree that prices are good. They are full MSRP, possibly higher, and prices for used guns are at the very top of the market. When I had a problem with a handgun they were not very helpful, and while I walked away politely I won't buy anything more there. I bought some ammo a few months back when I was caught short before a range trip, and although I paid what they asked, I later realized I had paid more for ammo there than anywhere else in the whole world. I couldn't even find the ammo anywhere for close to their price afterwards; the most expensive other places were much cheaper.

The staff is hot and cold. I always aim my trips for their non-peak hours, since they're nearly impossible to deal with on weekends, etc. Sometimes they are friendly and polite, other times they ignore you, other times they are brusk. That's even when they know you've spent many $1000's there before.

Matt and Joe can be very helpful, and know their stuff, but sometimes they aren't so nice. Sometimes they are great. You can't tell. The older guy who works in the evenings is very nice and helpful, always. He spent a lot of time showing me a lot of guns once, letting me go between many of them, before I bought one (for full MSRP).

I bought a stripped lower receiver from them before I knew what they were supposed to cost. I probably paid $100 too much.

They also don't charge for NICS, which is unique in my NJ experience.

They do have a very good selection, probably the best selection of handguns in the state. They have some reloading supplies, sometimes had primers during the dark days, and have components for benchrest calibers (6mm br, 6ppc, etc).

So, although they are close to my house, and their hours work better for me than any other place, I can't buy there anymore. I'm probably past the stage where I need to touch many guns, and I'll just call up Tony at TJ Sporting Arms or Vinny, tell them what I want, and get it in a couple of days for a giant amount less $$.

It's too bad.

I have bought quite a few guns there, including a few very expensive things, but I would disagree that prices are good. They are full MSRP, possibly higher, and prices for used guns are at the very top of the market. When I had a problem with a handgun they were not very helpful, and while I walked away politely I won't buy anything more there. I bought some ammo a few months back when I was caught short before a range trip, and although I paid what they asked, I later realized I had paid more for ammo there than anywhere else in the whole world. I couldn't even find the ammo anywhere for close to their price afterwards; the most expensive other places were much cheaper.

The staff is hot and cold. I always aim my trips for their non-peak hours, since they're nearly impossible to deal with on weekends, etc. Sometimes they are friendly and polite, other times they ignore you, other times they are brusk. That's even when they know you've spent many $1000's there before.

Matt and Joe can be very helpful, and know their stuff, but sometimes they aren't so nice. Sometimes they are great. You can't tell. The older guy who works in the evenings is very nice and helpful, always. He spent a lot of time showing me a lot of guns once, letting me go between many of them, before I bought one (for full MSRP).

I bought a stripped lower receiver from them before I knew what they were supposed to cost. I probably paid $100 too much.

They also don't charge for NICS, which is unique in my NJ experience.

They do have a very good selection, probably the best selection of handguns in the state. They have some reloading supplies, sometimes had primers during the dark days, and have components for benchrest calibers (6mm br, 6ppc, etc).

So, although they are close to my house, and their hours work better for me than any other place, I can't buy there anymore. I'm probably past the stage where I need to touch many guns, and I'll just call up Tony at TJ Sporting Arms or Vinny, tell them what I want, and get it in a couple of days for a giant amount less $$.

It's too bad.

Their prices are good, not great...I know they are high, but who else has that selection in stock, ready to walk out the door?

NOBODY. (at least that Ive seen in NJ)

Their prices are good, not great...I know they are high, but who else has that selection in stock, ready to walk out the door?

NOBODY. (at least that Ive seen in NJ)

This is all true, and if you catch them on a day when they are happy and nice, you are good to go.

On the other hand, Tony got me the exact gun I wanted in 2 days, for 30%+ lower, so....

What a great place - I'm still in newbie mode and must have shown it, because the guy who answered my questions about the Beretta Neoses (Neoi?) was really helpful to a non-FID holder who couldn't even pick it up.

The prices were amazingly reasonable, but I was only looking at .22LR pistols. It was what I'd seen on Gunbroker for elsewhere.

I'll probably go there for my first pistol once I get my FID.

I'll conceed that their sticker prices are often higher than some other local sellers, but they almost always have a cash discount and I've found them pretty generous with accesory discounts & free throw ins once you're actually committed to purchasing a given firearm. Plus, in all fairness, they've got a pretty nice retail space you can actually browse comfortably and they have to make up the cost of that somehow.

In terms of the staff, perhaps I've been really lucky, but I've always found them pretty laid back & helpful. I can certainly understand some being sour on the place if they've experienced the opposite.

I took a long lunch at work today and checked out this shop. Seems like a pretty cool shop, with a good selection of new handguns and lots of used and interesting antique firearms for sale as well. For you 1911 pistol fans, they seem to have a pretty good selection of new and used items. The people in the store seem pretty personable and friendly, and had no problem with letting me fondle a few handguns while I was there. Their prices seem to be a little bit on the high end, but I would imagine that you could work them down a little bit if serious about buying a firearm from them.

Interesting thing I found out is that they are opening a new shop and shooting range, right over the NJ/PA border in Easton PA, this coming spring. I definitely want to check this new shooting range out, as Easton is only about 20 minutes West of where I live!

Went there today,nice place,nice selection of pistols,helpful guys.Some really cool antique pistols.Had the gun l wanted,but they only had 1 and somebody put a deposit on it yesterday!!! Ammo wasn't bad $29 for a box of 100 9mm-but they will only sell you 100 rounds.

and thats why i reload!

I went to NJFG yesterday and didn't like the experience. First negative was the lack of parking space. I guess Rahway doesn't believe in cleaning snow and since both spots in front of the store were taken I had to park in one of the side streets which was almost completely snow covered. Second, the old guy that was helping me didn't seem to know anything (and didn't even listen to what I had to say). I was interested in an Armalite AR-10 and asked a few questions (since I'm pretty much a newb) and he knew less than me (or just didn't bother listening to me). What a waste of 2 hours of my life. Some of the younger guys seemed to have a much better attitude, I heard them speak to other customers...

The prices seemed too high too, at least for the stuff I looked at. Won't be going back anytime soon.