kenw

Trap at Sparta - Sunday, 11/7

I know, it's only Monday, but since my plan to shoot the USPSA classifier at Shongum on Saturday fell through, I feel the need to make an early commitment to Sunday.

As always, around 1:00pm, weather permitting.

No can do this week but if ya'll go 11/14 let me know. I may be up for a trek to Sparta!!!

I try to get there every Sunday. It's only 15 minutes from home, so assuming it isn't too cold or otherwise inclement, I'll be there.

Pencil it in. It's a long haul for you. Are you planning to be up north anyway?

Pencil it in. It's a long haul for you. Are you planning to be up north anyway?

I have to see what's going on with the kids. May take one or both of them to dinner afterwards. We'll see what's shaking when it gets closer.

Whoah you're not willing to go to Shongum but you're willing to go to Sparta (which is further)?

I'm shooting steel this weekend crackerjack. Plus my nieces live right next to Sparta.

I should be definitely in for this since I missed this past weekend.

Bring Jeanine. She can try her hand at trap. She may turn out to be a Fudette.

Thursday bump.

The clocks get turned back this weekend, so if you prefer to make it earlier than 1:00, I'm jiggy with it.

It's not gonna be warm much longer, gotta get out there while we still can.

Thursday bump.

The clocks get turned back this weekend, so if you prefer to make it earlier than 1:00, I'm jiggy with it.

It's not gonna be warm much longer, gotta get out there while we still can.

Oh yeah!!!!

Even gonna try Matt's semi....

Probably gonna skip USPSA on Sat..... just not feelin it, prefer to relax and make dust on Sunday....

I may be interested... where in Sparta? And can I borrow a shotgun? I doubt my 870 tactical is good for trap/skeet.

It's off of station road, off of 517 off of 15. You'll have difficult finding it if you've not been there before.

The short answer is, yes, you can borrow shotguns and you're right if you've got a 18.5" barrel, it won't be very good for trap.

I still intend to go at this point.

I may be interested... where in Sparta? And can I borrow a shotgun? I doubt my 870 tactical is good for trap/skeet.

The range is just off Rt. 517, just past the Rt. 15 exit. I can give you more detailed directions later, or someone can meet you at an easier to find spot and lead you in. It's a bit off the main roads, so it may be better to follow someone in the first time.

You can borrow one of my guns. I have a Browning pump with a 32" barrel, and an old winchester super x semi. Come on up. Should be fun.

I am bringing my Mossberg 500 with 26" brrl, more then welcome to also use it.

Here is a google maps image of where it is..

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116381779640412374343.0004813ce9497f18f4bb4&z=16

Just to expound on Mark's expounding...

That right will take you through a chain link gate into a construction site. Keep going through the site until you get to the last building on the left. A left turn after that building will take you over the train tracks and into the range. Parking on the left, shooting on the right.

It's not obvious on the photo, but the right turn is right up against the overpass. If you go under the overpass, you went too far. The sign on that building says "C-Tech"

Up Rt. 15 from Picatinny, take the Rt. 517 exit towards Franklin, the first light after the interchange will be Station Road, make a left. It looks like it ends in a park, but it doesn't. Pass a couple of houses on the right, a swamp on the left, and look for the white C-Tech building on the right. Follow the directions above, should be good to go.