Sign in to follow this  
Shane45

Midwest PX Mag review pt 1

Midwest PX Mag review pt 1.

Midwest PX modified Magpul Pmag LR20 "Stubby" for KAC mag pattern 308 rifles.

I ordered, among other things, 3 of the "Stubby" mags for my new LMT MWS. First, let me say that the shipping from Midwest PX was nothing short of amazing. He must have someone sitting there waiting to pack and bolt out the door to the shipper. I have heard this from other customers as well so apparently it wasnt a fluke! The mags arrived neatly packed so I was all set for an upcoming match.

I ran out to the range to zero the Elcan Specter. I didnt have the mags with me so I used the KAC mag. This meant I was going into the match with untested mags. Match day. I loaded up all three mags. They all held exactly 15 rounds. You would think this a given right? Well another Pmag from some other vendor for my AR 15 only held 13! To add to that it did not drop free from my Colt. I dont know if its the Pmags fault or the modification. I can say I dont like how its modified. Its clumsy and sloppy compared to Midwest PX. The Mags from Midwest PX are very neetly done. So how dd they perform? Flawlessly! the mags functioned all day, dropped free, locked the bolt back and had zero hickups all day long. I was able to secure the 3rd fastest run of the match with the MWS running these mags. It was truly nice to have confidence in the mags operation. I have been plagued with mag issues on other platforms from other vendors.One thing of note with the stubbies, they come in really handy when you have to shoot under a low barracade! I only had to throw a little tilt into the rifle to take the shot instead of going full urban prone.

More to come.

LR20 15 rnd.

15 rnd Curved Stubby in 5.56

15 Rnd Curved (30 rnd body 5.56)

15 Rnd Straight pmag (These mags seem to drop free and lock back the bolt in my SCAR)

These will all be used in the next match on the 20th and I will report back.