Radek

Rock Island Tactical M911A1 .45

Do you own one and have experience with it? Selling for $405.99 at Sarco.

ahh - $405 in Shotgun news, $455 when you go to buy it. Watch for the bait and switch at Sarco. I personally would recommend that if you want a Rock Island that you can find it on the interwebs for less. Possibly one of the forum vendors may even be able to beat Sarco's "magical" pricing.

I have one. For the price you can't go wrong. Decent reliable pistol. And yes, Sarcos advertised prices are not the same when you walk in, but they will work with you. I paid $379.00 a few years ago for a tactical from them.

I am a bit confused about Sarco, as to what's the best way to buy from them. Buy in person or online?

I am assuming they are an FFL and can sell guns directly to end customer?

They say some prices are available only for online ordering (then shipped to your FFL) ... this will add shipping and FFL transfer fees (maybe ~$50)

Is it better to just walk in to their store/showroom at 323 Union Street, Stirling, New Jersey 07980 ?

Please advice ASAP. They are open till 4pm today and maybe I can make it in time ...

Thanks!

ahh - $405 in Shotgun news, $455 when you go to buy it. Watch for the bait and switch at Sarco. I personally would recommend that if you want a Rock Island that you can find it on the interwebs for less. Possibly one of the forum vendors may even be able to beat Sarco's "magical" pricing.

I assume you mean look-up on gunbroker, etc ... or can you suggest specific vendors selling?

I have one. For the price you can't go wrong. Decent reliable pistol. And yes, Sarcos advertised prices are not the same when you walk in, but they will work with you. I paid $379.00 a few years ago for a tactical from them.

Did you negotiate the price?

I got mine from sarco and they didn't give me any issue on the price at all. I got a p38 and the 1911 the same day (before OGAM) and they gave me the advertised shotgun news price without a hastle.

I'm getting one as soon as my permit comes in! Advertised online is $405, the tag in the store says $ 410 (I've gone to the store recently w/ Glenn to check it out) - not a big difference, I'm sure they'd knock off the $5 and honor the deal for an in-store customer.

Radek - let us know how it goes - I'm VERY interested. Like I said, I'm getting one as soon as my permits come in (any day now, dammit)...

I'm getting one as soon as my permit comes in! Advertised online is $405, the tag in the store says $ 410 (I've gone to the store recently w/ Glenn to check it out) - not a big difference, I'm sure they'd knock off the $5 and honor the deal for an in-store customer.

Radek - let us know how it goes - I'm VERY interested. Like I said, I'm getting one as soon as my permits come in (any day now, dammit)...

From the other post started by usnmars, it seems they don't sell handguns in NJ anymore ... I may have to order online and have it shipped to FFL. Looks like centerfire is also selling it for a decent price ...

Did you negotiate the price?

Yes. I went there because of there online ad in shooting times on their tactical. Was hit with there retail price when I went there. So I decided to get the GI. They didn't have any GI's in stock. They gave me a Tactical for their advertised price after I pissed and moaned just a little. Go in with a print out of there ad and you might do ok.

From the other post started by usnmars, it seems they don't sell handguns in NJ anymore ... I may have to order online and have it shipped to FFL. Looks like centerfire is also selling it for a decent price ...

wtf? I was there like 3 weeks ago and they had the Rock Islands and other pistols on display and I'm pretty sure if I had my permit, I could've bought it right there and then.

Yes. I went there because of there online ad in shooting times on their tactical. Was hit with there retail price when I went there. So I decided to get the GI. They didn't have any GI's in stock. They gave me a Tactical for their advertised price after I pissed and moaned just a little. Go in with a print out of there ad and you might do ok.

this makes me weary. I hate it when stores do a "bait & switch" I'll look for their shotgun news or whatever ad & print it. do you think it's a good idea to call them before I go, to confirm the price & stuff?

I had a GI and a double stack. Both were great and could not be beat for the price. The only issue I had was that the front sight fell off the GI (somewhat common problem with the staked front sights on any 1911.. so i found out). I sent the slide back in and they fixed it no problem, and gave me a free "buff and polish". The gunsmith called me personally.

Would buy another in a heartbeat if I decide I like 1911's again.

Not bait and switch, shotgun news price plus tax and nics is just about 455, I think 454 and change. Too lazy to run the math again but that wasnt a bait and switch (although they do that with other crap)