gimmemym1

USANA LIVES!!!!!!

I don't know the specifics, but if this was a NIMBY lawsuit filed by uptight yuppies, I would think they will have USANA in their sights before long. I hope i'm wrong.

The issue was Harborsite being a For Profit corporation and USANA MTC being a non-profit or so I am being told.

USANA MTC had the original zoning variance drafted some 30 years ago and hopefully will be shielded because of that

Well the saga continues... got this today:

UNITED SPORTSMANS ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA

224 Sandbridge Road

Pittsgrove Township, NJ 08318

December 30, 2010

Re: Grand Re-Opening of the Training Facility located at Sandbridge Road, Pittsgrove Township, New Jersey Under New Management and Ownership

Dear Associates:

We write in follow-up to the December 24, 2010 announcement you received from HarborSite USANA, LLC (“HarborSite”), in which HarborSite announced its closure of the marksmanship training facility it operated at Sandbridge Road, Elmer, New Jersey (the “Training Facility”). United Sportsmans Association of North America (“USANA”) will soon begin operation of the Training Facility under new management and ownership, and hopes that you will continue training at the reopened Training Facility.

As you may know, USANA, which has no present or past affiliation with HarborSite, previously operated the Training Facility from approximately 1973 through early 2008. In April 2008, HarborSite purchased from USANA the land on which the Training Facility is located. Now that HarborSite has closed, USANA has reacquired ownership of the Training Facility and will open the Training Facility anew, relying on its more than thirty years of operational experience.

The opening date and details of scheduling and operations are being formulated and will be provided once finalized. USANA plans to have competitive rates, allowing those that join its Training Facility the opportunity to train with confidence in a safe and cost-effective manner. We look forward to seeing you at the Training Facility. In the interim, we encourage you to contact us with any questions at the above address or by telephone at (856) 358-4891.

Very truly yours,

USANA Board of Directors

I called the number above today trying to get more details and got an generic answering machine.

Also got confirmation that the range is NOT opening on 1/3/11.

Also asked if current memberships would be honored... response: "Please refer to the last paragraph of the letter. The plans are not set as of this date."

I talked to a few friends of mine from Elmer that are in the know with all of this and here's what they said. Harborsite got into a jam when the operated as a for-profit when USANA was always a non-profit plus there's some sort of regs that says they had to be a private club. Members only and not open to the public. They were supposed to get some sort of OK from the planning board but didn't and decided to fold up and leave town. Skip is supposed to take over and try to get more LEO's on board. That's where the big bucks are. As far as the yuppies are concerned they think most of the neighbors have been there quite a while, better part of 15-20 years or so. It's a bit of a mess right now. No one knows how it's all gonna shake out. Happy New Year to all!

Gun forum 1.rtf

I talked to a few friends of mine from Elmer that are in the know with all of this and here's what they said. Harborsite got into a jam when the operated as a for-profit when USANA was always a non-profit plus there's some sort of regs that says they had to be a private club. Members only and not open to the public. They were supposed to get some sort of OK from the planning board but didn't and decided to fold up and leave town. Skip is supposed to take over and try to get more LEO's on board. That's where the big bucks are. As far as the yuppies are concerned they think most of the neighbors have been there quite a while, better part of 15-20 years or so. It's a bit of a mess right now. No one knows how it's all gonna shake out. Happy New Year to all!

They are open again, but it is still unclear if they are honoring current memberships.

From people who have been back, I have heard yes, but I have also heard they will only honor your current membership if you pay extra to renew with the new owners/Skip.

It used to be $16/day for nonmembers, I believe. I don't know if this has changed after the ownership change.

From what I'm hearing from my Elmer friends this is where Harborsite got themselves in a jam. Supposedly, USANA is sanctioned as a private deal. Members only and there guests. And they are being told that this is in the zoning laws, too. If it's going to be open to the public there may be a problem plus the regular members don't want total strangers shooting alongside them. Can't blame them as this is the world we have to live in. Not all gun owners are as responsible or safety-minded as we are. Could get messy for Skip but I hope he's smart enough to get through it.

Joel, I understand your concerns. It's a big world out there but it can get real small real quick when there's quality of life issues. Guess we all have to respect each other's rights and try to get along the best we can. The part about the auto weps is a bit distrubing to me as a responsible gun owner. Guess that the LEO's shooting. I'm hearing that this got to be a night time habit, too, with Harborsite. Can't imagine anyone shooting in the dark, litterally.

Everyone's got the right pursue their own thing but when it gets to be a problem there has to be some sort of mutual understanding as to what is best for all. I keep hearing how the Harborsite people were pretty rude and thought they could do whatever they wanted. How come the local govt. let them operate like this? Seems like they created a whole bunch of legal problems for themselves and got in a little bit too deep.