Sign in to follow this  
mikeyboyeee

MAJOR problem with my 92fs

Ok, so I decided to do some dry firing with the 92fs this am.

Loaded a snap cap into the mag, rack the slide and now she is totally locked up.

Can not cycle the action at all, hammer is cocked, but will not drop. Even when using the decocker.

I have NO IDEA what hapopened, but it doesnt look like it is something I can fix.

ANyone ever see anything like this?

Yes.

NO mkatter what I do, I can not rack the slide or cycle the action even a little bit. Nor can I drop the hammer, even when using the decocker.

It is TOTALLY frozen!

Can you see if you can use a cleaning rod in the barrel and push the snap cap backward? Perhaps that might free something up

Are you able to get the slide off? I remember with my beretta (older model) the slide could be removed with the action in battery, I don't know if this has changed. If you don't have luck a gunsmith will be your best bet.

You can try to lightly hammer a hardwood dowel down the barrel with the mag out. A brass rod would also work. Pull back on the slide while pushing in the dowel. When you racked the slide did it go into full battery? I'm assuming not since the hammer won't frop. A cleaning rod down the barrel might not be strong enough and too small. You don't want the rod to get wedged between the barrel and front of snap cap.

It sounds like the snap cap got jammed in the chamber before it went into full battery.

A few months ago I saw this happen in a 92 with a live round in it. After a bit of mallet manipulation it went into battery and we could rack the slide again. The issue was poor lubrication. But the mallet worked well. At least you do not have a live round in it.

Ok, I solved the problem using the info found here:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/147585-big-problem-shell-jammed-barrel.html

Was surprisingly easy considering their was no way to rack the slide, but once I held slide and whacked beavertail grip area, it popped out 1st try :)

Looks like the snap cap (metal) is chewp up a bit, so that was probably the issue.

Thanks for the help fellas.

No fishing now and I have not decided if I am going to put the boat in water in spring, or even sell it.

:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Oh no's!! Becoming to expensive I'm assuming? My boss is trying to sell his 40' boat since they never use it anymore. I told him he has a better chance of losing it in a boating accident than selling it, no one is buying boats right now.

Oh no's!! Becoming to expensive I'm assuming? My boss is trying to sell his 40' boat since they never use it anymore. I told him he has a better chance of losing it in a boating accident than selling it, no one is buying boats right now.

Yep. I have to pay alimony to my lazy piece of sh!t Ex wife and that money cuts into boating fund for next year or so.

I may just keep it on land for a year or 2 and then re-evaluate since I am not going to give it away.

My father has one too, so I can always use his.

damn those lazy ex wives I tell ya!!

I mean hey if your Dad has a boat, exploit him as much as you can so that you can stay ahead of the bills. At least you can keep your boat for when you can afford to put it in the water.

Mikey, here's to hoping she falls in love and gets married within the year!!

Being in the boat business, I would have to disagree with this..

Being in the boat business, I would have to disagree with this..

Big boats, or little boats?? I know my boss has been trying to sell his for like two years now with no luck. But I also don't know if his asking price is too high either