e80hydro

Gun decals on your vehicle

A post on another thread got me thinking about when we transport firearms. How many of us pack our stuff away inconspicuoisly (spelt rong) in our trunks, thinking nobody knows whats there, only to be sporting an NRA or that green NJ rifle and pistol club decal or whatever on our back windows? I have this decal on my rear window and don't care what people think. It may change the way a cop thinks though.

A post on another thread got me thinking about when we transport firearms. How many of us pack our stuff away inconspicuoisly (spelt rong) in our trunks, thinking nobody knows whats there, only to be sporting an NRA or that green NJ rifle and pistol club decal or whatever on our back windows? I have this decal on my rear window and don't care what people think. It may change the way a cop thinks though.

I don't keep any stickers on any of my vehicles, let alone anything to do with firearms. I figure why invite someone who may thing there is a firearm locked away in my vehicle and break in to find something that's not there. Also I think bringing less attention to me by a LEO the better, I figure if I get stopped with no stickers doing something wrong I am less likely to be asked if I have any weapons in the vehicle if I'm not sporting any stickers.

I do have a HD sticker on some of them, mostly the wifes truck but you can tell there isn't a Harley inside.:icon_e_biggrin:

I also don't have anything outside my home indicating there may be guns in the house either just so I don't have people watching the house for us all to leave to breaking and steal them.

Another thing I use a generic alarm sign outside so you don't know what I have. Too many people display the service they have, that just makes it too easy for someone to bypass the system knowing what they are dealing with.

Harry

I don't keep any stickers on any of my vehicles, let alone anything to do with firearms. I figure why invite someone who may thing there is a firearm locked away in my vehicle and break in to find something that's not there. Also I think bringing less attention to me by a LEO the better, I figure if I get stopped with no stickers doing something wrong I am less likely to be asked if I have any weapons in the vehicle if I'm not sporting any stickers.

I do have a HD sticker on some of them, mostly the wifes truck but you can tell there isn't a Harley inside.:icon_e_biggrin:

I also don't have anything outside my home indicating there may be guns in the house either just so I don't have people watching the house for us all to leave to breaking and steal them.

Another thing I use a generic alarm sign outside so you don't know what I have. Too many people display the service they have, that just makes it too easy for someone to bypass the system knowing what they are dealing with.

Harry

I can't agree more with you, HD2000.

It's kind of like driving around in a car with a bunch of phish or grateful dead stickers. Expect the cops to assume you're a pothead. I'd say driving around with a bunch of firearms stickers would make the cops assume you have weapons. Or worse give criminals a reason to break into the car and search. I have my college sticker on my car, a mountain biking sticker, and a pennywise logo which most peope have no idea what it is. The only person who really needs to know I have a firearm is the burglar in my house and by the time he finds out it's probably too late. Funny though my buddy and I had the same conversation a week or to ago leaving the BH. There was a truck with a ton of sig stickers and we thought he was asking for trouble. My buddy actually pointed it out and he's a PA officer.

only stickers on my car are the few NJgunforums.com vinyls on the rear 3/4 windows.

No got sig, 45, or anything else.

I dont like to dirty up a car with sticker pollution. (unless your car is a complete beater)

Don't you know stickers are like flames, they make a car go faster. Why do you think race cars are covered in them :icon_lol:

Don't you know stickers are like flames, they make a car go faster. Why do you think race cars are covered in them :icon_lol:

Let me go run out and get some NOS stickaz, a few fake BOV's and a purge kit. And then I am going to get some V-Tec stikaz for my Mazda cause they make me run .10 faster and gives you better gas mileage yo!

Let me go run out and get some NOS stickaz, a few fake BOV's and a purge kit. And then I am going to get some V-Tec stikaz for my Mazda cause they make me run .10 faster and gives you better gas mileage yo!

You're betterr off getting the Type R or Type S sticker. It increases the value of your car.

I've posted a similar response on a different forum. My vehicles have no stickers, save the Mazda 3 that has a much washed out sticker proclaiming that "i 'heart' my munchkin" - with two child seats in each car, the meaning of the statement is pretty obvious. If pulled over, either the Mazda 3 or the minivan are unlikely to signal "contraband inside!" to any LEO or "expensive stuff inside" to any criminal. they would only signal "parent of young children"

Harry

Funny you mention that. A friend bought a hunting cabin from three brothers.They all had cabins about ten acres apart and sold to different people. No electric and we have to bring our own water etc. Well we put adt security decals on it. He got a call to check his cabin out as people had been messing around in the other two. His was not touched !!

As far as decals go I would love to put them on but do not wish for the attention.

I wont even ware shirts or hats with gun logos on them. I do ware cabela's shirts and hats which brings up gun talk from people who know the stores though!!

No advertising here. I keep my gun ownership low profile, even when transporting in and out of my house it doesn't happen till the vehicle is in the garage and the door shut. My gun safe is also hidden. If you're seeing one of my guns anywhere besides the range or a hunting bluff, you're probably somewhere you don't belong...

I don't like bumper stickers or anything really large and obnoxious, but I do have an NRA decal discretely displayed on my rear window.

I don't understand the reluctance to display our organization associations. Is it fear that some anti is gonna track us down? Should we not display "I love fishing" stickers out of fear of PETA hunting us down in our homes and stealing our rods and reels? Have we become so beaten down that even we consider displaying an NRA, SAF, or any other rights advocacy organization decal the equivalent of displaying a NAMBLA or Al Qaeda sticker? I'm sure the Miller minions have no related fear of displaying Brady Bunch and other anti-rights stickers prominently on the windows and bumpers of their oh so green hybrids.

Do any of us really believe that a "My other auto is a .45" bumper sticker (as silly and pretentious as that is) is really an invitation to the police to pull us over and try to get a look in our cars? Do the police really have so little to do? Are they following cars with "I love Beer" stickers to see if the drivers are DUI? Or are we just looking for excuses, no matter how irrational, to not show publicly that we are proud members and participants in what little remains of the shooting community in the state? Very sad.

• Like 1

Out of the i don't know how many dollars i've spent on guns, ammo and gear, i have precisely 2 stickers that were included free in the box with something. 1 oval CZ sticker and one round Magpul sticker. Contrast this to bike and car parts and i could paper the inside of Cabelas floor to ceiling with the stuff i've gotten over the years.

This kind of paranoid self-loathing infecting the NJ shooting community is one of the main reasons we're in the condition we're in. If everyone were as open about their associations out in the real world as they are in the safe anonymity of the Internet, maybe there would be more progress towards the restoration of our rights instead of just the monotonous harrumphing that we have now.

When I was deciding what sort of logo item I wanted to start with for njShoot, I had to choose between hats, mugs or decals. My thinking was that if the community didn't embrace the concept of a Community Network and the decals and mugs failed, I would be stuck with a bunch of useless crap. If the hats failed, at least I could wear them. It was a good choice. I don't even bother tossing them in the washing machine. I just grab a new one when one gets dirty. When the last new one gets too dirty to wear, I'll put them all in the wash.