Sign in to follow this  
tuktuk

I am a lil confused about this GB listing

So I'm browsing gunbroker as so many of us do :) just to see what's out there, and drool, and hate :)

AND I come across this >>>>

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224014307

I fall from couch not believing my luck!!! Not only it's super cheap and looks to be in a very good condition but it's also in Garfield which like 10mins away from my place. I mean the discriprion is not whole lot but ive seen that before many times. The seller dont put an effort into writing down any info, often presuming that everybody know what there is to know. Of course just to make sure I email the guy. TWICE. Bla Bla Bla just want to make sure the muzzle break is permanently attracted, bayonet lug shaved off, what is the specific model, whoz manufacturer and that of course u meant 15/30 mags Bla Bla Bla .... Well he never replied. And then I checked the description and he added "No sales in NJ,C NY ".

Am I missing something here? Is this guy really not in NJ or something ?

Some people don't like to deal with NJ for firearms, but someone living IN NJ not wanting to? I dunno.

He could be LE and doesn't want to deal with anyone in NJ?

LE doesn't mean he can have a NJ "assault weapon", it must be a weapon he can use in his duties. No PD is going to issue AK74s.

LE doesn't mean he can have a NJ "assault weapon", it must be a weapon he can use in his duties. No PD is going to issue AK74s.

Are you sure? Because I've shot a couple cops' firearms before and they had 30rd magazines and full auto/3rd burst. One even had a Mac. And they were guns that, at least I don't think, could be used on duty.

Are you sure? Because I've shot a couple cops' firearms before and they had 30rd magazines and full auto/3rd burst. One even had a Mac. And they were guns that, at least I don't think, could be used on duty.

He is right. But that doesnt mean they follow the law. Just had a cop with a SBR thompson this weekend tell me it was legal in NJ because since the barrel has a blank adaptor on it so its a blank gun :facepalm: and the same guy told me that his m1 carbine is legal because its a "dummy gun" if the bolt isnt in it :facepalm:

One hundred percent. Those cops were breaking the law.

Not sure but I think it is marked ak47. Which would make it a nogo in nj. Correct? And I believe matt is correct that it is meltzers.

should be marked like the left one as they use off the shelf NDS-2 recievers. NDS-2 would be the legal model of the firearm, with Nodakspud being manufacturer.

NDS-2%20low%20mark.JPG

On te topic of LE owned weapons. Yeah im sure there are some knucklheads out there. Aside from that some dept are more leanient in this regard. I believe that as long as they get a dept letterhead they are exempt for the AWB. The caveot in that is if they leave the dept, they have to leave it behind.

On te topic of LE owned weapons. Yeah im sure there are some knucklheads out there. Aside from that some dept are more leanient in this regard. I believe that as long as they get a dept letterhead they are exempt for the AWB. The caveot in that is if they leave the dept, they have to leave it behind.

Yep if the seperate it has to beleft with the Dept, sold to someone else with an Exemption letter, or sold out of state.... and for the record, VERY Few chiefs will sign exemptions for anything other than ACTUAL Duty weapons....too much liability otherwise.