Sign in to follow this  
7-3-2

Just got notified I was disapproved for my FID/ PP

So I get a Notice today from Edison exactly on my 30-day mark saying my application has been denied for:

Criminal Record

Public Health, Safety and Welfare

Medical,Mental,or Alcoholic Background

Falsification of Application

then it states: Adjudged a juvenile delinquent. Various criminal juvenile records.

I guess the main issue is that I didnt check the juvenile delinquent box on the application due to the fact I was under the impression that since I was never in a Juvenile Detention facility that I wasnt considered a Delinquent (much like not being a convict if you were never incarcerated). So im imagining if that is what they found as a falsification of application and therefore the rest of the issues they pulled up from minor juvenile offenses. I havent been in and trouble since I was 18 and that was a misdemeanor assault (i am 27 now). Does anyone know if its even worth fighting this and getting a lawyer or am I just screwed?

Yeah but I wasnt denied because of what happened when I was 18 lol. Besides it was a misdemeanor offense and didnt fall under domestic assault or anything of that nature. Its really weird because I have a FID that is less then 2 years old but I moved so now this is getting denied because of my juvenile record, which just confuses me. Does anyone know of your considered a Juvenile Delinquent even if you werent sent to a correctional facility?

At this point you need to stop posting on forums and talk to a lawyer if you ever want a NJ FID. Everything you post on a forum can work against you. No one on this forum can really help you, except to recommend a lawyer.

I'll also tell you to take my own advice with a grain of salt, since I am not a lawyer and am not offering you any legal advice...

-Dave

As mentioned, do not try and resolve this without a lawyer. It's going to take time cleaning up your record and the reapplying and it has to be done the right way.

One thing this state does have that most other's do not is the ability to expunge some criminal records, even non-violent felony convictions. If this was NY State, you'd be doomed.

has anyone had to get a lawyer who could offer me an idea of how much this may end up costing me in the long run if I were to get a lawyer? If I wasnt able to get a lawyer right now is it less likely ill be able to fight this down the line if i were to reapply for a permit at a later date?