jonny.montana

FID Card question.... :-/

Alright guys I'm really confused about this because State police says something, my FFL told me something different.. and the police department says something else.

Well about a week a lost my FID card, carry permit, etc... My question is this:

" Can I still go to the range, without my FID card? "

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

You CAN. However I think most of us have come to the conclusion that it's a better idea to carry it anyway. It's not a burden, but it may save you the hassle. Let's say you're driving to the range, get pulled over, and the cop "doesn't believe" that you're going to the range. You could be sitting in a cell until they figure if you have an FID card. You can, but why would you?

If you plan to buy pistol ammo at the range, you will need it. If not, no.

Not accurate. If you buy pistol ammo to shoot at the range you do not need to show an FPID. Otherwise how would those places that rent to people without FPID's be able to sell them ammo...

Not accurate. If you buy pistol ammo to shoot at the range you do not need to show an FPID. Otherwise how would those places that rent to people without FPID's be able to sell them ammo...

IMO, those that buy and those that sell, ARE breaking the law, unless you can show me a loophole. It is such a stupid law, nobody gives a sh1t.

• Like 1

IMO, those that buy and those that sell, ARE breaking the law, unless you can show me a loophole. It is such a stupid law, nobody gives a sh1t.

law and practice are unfortunately not always the same.. and the reason I say unfortunately is because it just creates more confusion..

Alright guys I'm really confused about this because State police says something, my FFL told me something different.. and the police department says something else.

Well about a week a lost my FID card, carry permit, etc... My question is this:

" Can I still go to the range, without my FID card? "

Thank you in advance.

You have an NJ Carry Permit? Or are you refering to the FID?

Yes you can. As an example, you can be a handgun owner from another state, move to New Jersey with your legaly owned handguns and not be required to register them or apply for a FID. You will need a FID to purchase handgun ammunition though.