Blue1

vacation shooting

Going to Ocean City Maryland for beach vacation.

I see there is a range in Berlin, MD, about twenty minutes away from our rental.

Anyone have any idean how many laws I would be breaking by transporting my handguns down there and keeping them in the rental unit when not going to the range?

Will be travelling through PA and DE on the way down and back home.

Blue1

Going to Ocean City Maryland for beach vacation.

I see there is a range in Berlin, MD, about twenty minutes away from our rental.

Anyone have any idean how many laws I would be breaking by transporting my handguns down there and keeping them in the rental unit when not going to the range?

Will be travelling through PA and DE on the way down and back home.

Blue1

As long as the gun is legal in the state you start in and end in your covered under FOPA for transporting them. Now as far as keeping them at your rental, I don't know the laws in MD, all I know they are a MAY issue state for CCW and they don't recognize any of my permits. I would check the MD gun laws regardless of what anyone tells you. Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong in what they tell you if you get jammed up for something a defense of "well I got the from the NJGF" ain't going to fly. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

If memory serves me correctly Maryland is a state just like NY where you can not bring a pistol into the state unless it's for a sanctioned event ex. and NRA shooting competition etc. in which you would then need to show proof that you are entered in the event.

Might want to check MD laws but I remember when I had a friend who lived down there I could of sworn I looked into it and it's a no go.

Sort of like NJ. There is not a total prohibition like NY though.

Persons without Maryland permits: A traveler without a

Maryland permit may not carry a handgun on foot or in a vehicle in a loaded or

readily accessible manner. But he may transport an unloaded handgun in a secure

case if he is traveling to a recognized shooting competition, bonafide gun show,

hunting exercise, or some other gun-related event. Magazines may remain loaded

while in a vehicle as long they are not attached to, or inserted into, any handgun.

Travelers passing through the state may transport inaccessible handguns even if they

are not traveling to one of these events as long as the weapons are unloaded, cased

and, either stowed in the trunk, or locked in a case if the vehicle has no trunk.

mmmm love that grey area. Gun-related event. Which they list shooting competition, bonafide gunshow, or hunting exercise. To me I see now mention of a shooting range and I wouldn't consider target practice at a shooting range a gun-related event. But that's the wonderful gray area of the law so you take your own chances.

Personally I can shoot at home, I don't need to bring my guns to an anti-gun state and take chances. I like staying outside of the bars.

shotguns and pistols are completely different.

Liberals treat pistols as satan and rifles and shotguns as satan's step child.

Reason being is anti's know they can't get their hands on shotguns and rifles because of the hunting community. Thus leaving all their efforts to attack pistols.

Not to get off tract but look at NJ.

Pistols have insane laws, must be in the trunk, can only take from home to range etc.

I can take my rifle, put it in the back of my car during hunting season and go joy riding around the state of NJ and anywhere else and never be breaking the law.

Here are a couple of sites with links to local handgun laws and state requirements and some forums with topics on interstate transportaion of firearms:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

http://www.usacarry.com/

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=WA

mmmm love that grey area. Gun-related event. Which they list shooting competition, bonafide gunshow, or hunting exercise. To me I see now mention of a shooting range and I wouldn't consider target practice at a shooting range a gun-related event. But that's the wonderful gray area of the law so you take your own chances.

Personally I can shoot at home, I don't need to bring my guns to an anti-gun state and take chances. I like staying outside of the bars.

That doesn't say competition, bonafide gunshow, OR hunting exercise, it says competition, bonafide gunshow, hunting exercise, OR some other gun-related event.

If I'm going to shoot at the range, I would consider that a gun-related event. It is is inarguably gun-related and...

 /ɪˈvɛnt/ Show Spelled[ih-vent] Show IPA

noun

1. something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, especially one of some importance.

2. the outcome, issue, or result of anything: The venture had no successful event.

3. something that occurs in a certain place during a particular interval of time.

Seems that definition #1 and #3 defines an "event". My practice shooting at a range is something that will happen (satisfying definition #1) and it is also something the occurs when I plan on getting there. When I get there is the particular interval of time (satisfying definition #2).

Blue1