Photo

ak 15/30 - 15 rd nj legal mag - now available!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 hiker88

hiker88
  • LocationCentral Jersey
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

I sent the vendor an email asking if they can do it and got a reply from David Mitchel saying that they can and added the product to their website. That was quick!

here's the link: https://mitchelarmor...e-15rd-nj-legal

I'm not connected to these guys... just happy that we have products/vendors that cater to us gun owners here in Jersey.
Rey
Member: NRA, USPSA, OBRPC, GOA
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum.

"You can't fail until you quit." R. Simmons

#2 alowerlevel

alowerlevel
  • Location5 Miles East Of Camden

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Like I said in the other thread MTN Armory has had AK 15/30's for quite awhile now
Nick

#3 hiker88

hiker88
  • LocationCentral Jersey

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

Like I said in the other thread MTN Armory has had AK 15/30's for quite awhile now

Yeah I know... the more choices the better!
Rey

#4 alowerlevel

alowerlevel
  • Location5 Miles East Of Camden

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Very true, more is better. Personally I guess I just prefer steel mags to the Thermolds.
Nick

#5 hiker88

hiker88
  • LocationCentral Jersey

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

the thermold mags are made from new US components here in the US and counts as 922r compliant parts (3 parts- spring, mag-body and base).
Rey

#6 nuffice

nuffice
  • Home Range:sure shot

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Beautiful ordering 5 today

#7 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

How long do they take to come.

#8 hiker88

hiker88
  • LocationCentral Jersey

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

haven't placed my order yet... but will get to it after I get to installing a bullet guide on my saiga.
Rey

#9 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Waste of time thermolds don't require a bullet guide. I ordered a few days ago have not heard anything

#10 ajtesq

ajtesq
  • LocationBellmawr, NJ
  • Home Range:South Jersey Shooting Club

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

Waste of time thermolds don't require a bullet guide. I ordered a few days ago have not heard anything

Do you have a link or picture that shows the lips of a thermold magazine? It's not that I don't believe you, but I heard that about another type of ak mag, and it didn't fit the saiga without a bullet guide.

I'm still trying to find a 15 rounder that has the saiga factory style straight lip on the magazine in 5.45.

#11 PK90

PK90

NRA Life Benefactor Member

• NJGF Vendor FFL
  • 7,310 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Home Range:The Desert

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

You probably can shoot the 5.45 with regular AK mags without a bullet guide. I do.

* * * Estrella Ordnance * * *

#12 hiker88

hiker88
  • LocationCentral Jersey

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

My 7.62 saiga does
Rey

#13 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

from what I understand the 7.62x39's dont need a bullet guide you have to trim them to make them fit. but who knows Ill find out when they get here I guess

#14 Danno

Danno

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

I just ordered 5of them 98.00 with shipping. We will see what we will see. Please stand by.

#15 vjf915

vjf915
  • LocationEwing

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

You're getting 75 rounds worth of magazines for that $98. You could get a drum for that much :(

If I had to clean a gun my life depended on every day I'd be pissed off, you can't always do that. You should be able to kick the action open, piss in it, and close it. DONE.

+1 to you.. you have the single most important accessory ANY AR owner could ever own (myself included) and that is a backup AK..

#16 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Ya and 9 years in the clinker lol

#17 vjf915

vjf915
  • LocationEwing

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ya and 9 years in the clinker lol

I was referring to if they were legal!

If I had to clean a gun my life depended on every day I'd be pissed off, you can't always do that. You should be able to kick the action open, piss in it, and close it. DONE.

+1 to you.. you have the single most important accessory ANY AR owner could ever own (myself included) and that is a backup AK..

#18 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:27 AM

Lmao 5 days after I ordered no emails yet.

#19 StarWarsGeek45

StarWarsGeek45

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Smells like a scam, I'd put a stop payment on the credit card Monday morning if I were you.

#20 ajtesq

ajtesq
  • LocationBellmawr, NJ
  • Home Range:South Jersey Shooting Club

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

You probably can shoot the 5.45 with regular AK mags without a bullet guide. I do.

I've only tested it on 2 bakelite pinned ak-74 mags... and it will fail to feed 2/3 of the time in my saiga. The nose of the round will hit square against the lower half of the barrel and jam.

Is it possible that a different type of ak-74 mag is giving other people better results? I'd love to know, because those factory 10 round mags are absurdly expensive. Unless someone has an extra one to spare?

#21 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

They have great reviews on all the forums ill give it time

#22 RecessedFilter

RecessedFilter
  • LocationCentral NJ
  • Home Range:PA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

Can these be taken apart?

The name's Drez.

I organize Shotgun Shootouts every month in central NJ. We all get together and have fun blasting clays. It's a good chance to meet fellow NJGFers and try out new shotguns. New shooters, experienced shooters - everyone is welcome. If you're interested, keep an eye out on the Events & Meetups section or feel free to PM me with any questions!

#23 petros600

petros600

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Its not fair to call for a scam.Isaac is currently serving our country and his father is trying to fill up the orders.
Call them and see what is happening.

Smells like a scam, I'd put a stop payment on the credit card Monday morning if I were you.

My favorite gun store is my house.

Prices are low, and service is impeccable. And the hours are incredible, they're always open when I show up

#24 nuffice

nuffice

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

No # im cool im patient lol

#25 Mitchel Armory

Mitchel Armory
  • Home Range:http://mitchelarmory.com

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

nuffice,

You should have received an email as soon as you completed the checkout on our website. Also, and more importantly, we have no record of any 15/30 purchase from August and the only 5 magazine 15/30 order we show is Danno's. Could you provide us with some information from your order to see if we can track it down? It is best to use the contact form on our website to send that information.

Thanks

EDIT: nuffice, I found your order. It shows to have been placed on Sept 13th for 4 15/30s. You are in the same boat as Danno and should see a tracking number email before or on Monday.

#26 Danno

Danno

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Emailed them tonight and got a fast responce. The owner claimed his kids are in the hospital and he will get on the orders ASAP. i hope he isn't blowing smoke. Karma is a ****. I'll keep you posted.

#27 Mitchel Armory

Mitchel Armory

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Can these be taken apart?

No you cannot, they are permanently riveted closed, to comply with state laws.

You can see close ups of the rivet in the pictures on the page below.
https://mitchelarmor...e-15rd-nj-legal

#28 Mitchel Armory

Mitchel Armory

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Emailed them tonight and got a fast responce. The owner claimed his kids are in the hospital and he will get on the orders ASAP. i hope he isn't blowing smoke. Karma is a ****. I'll keep you posted.

This is true, all recent orders will be slightly delayed, hope to have them all shipped out by the first of next week. We had a TON of orders come in on 9/11/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users