Tosser

Official Precision Rifle Picture Thread

Post your precision rifle pictures with descriptions, INCLUDING groups you have shot.

Semi-auto or bolt whatever you use....

I'll Start...

RRAAR.jpg

RRA Stainless Upper.... 18" Mid-Length Gas, 1/8 twist, .750 profile

Larue 9.0 FF Rail

Larue SPR Mount

Older Nikon Mil-Dot 2.8-10 Variable

CavArms C1 Stock

RRA 2-Stage trigger

Harris w/ AMD Mount

SKD BALS rear bag

75grHorn-1.jpg

100yds

Using Hornady 75gr Match @ 2600 FPS

200yd55gr.jpg

200yds using some 55gr Reloads (although it' s only a 3 shot group)

Here is the original Monster Mosin custom. Target was 200yds with 1985 Russian LB Surplus ammo. I wish I could get pics off of my phone and on the net so I can post pics of the sub MOA SKS.

DSC00304.jpg

newtargets.jpg

First, let me say that I think Eric has shamed us all - and I haven't even seen the other postings. That is a fantastic group and the rifle is only half the equation. Almost embarrassed to post mine.

Here's the rifle - it's a Howa 1500 Axiom in .308 Win. The scope is a Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical 6-24X50, 30mm tube mounted in TPS rings on an EGW 0 MOA rail...

2ebc195.jpg

This five shots (trust me, I know it only looks like three, but it's five) at 100 yds. Measures .701"

m83d6q.jpg

And this is at 200 yards. Four shots went into .607" and the flyer opened it up to 1.901" (don't you hate it when that happens?), still under 1 MOA...

34gxd9y.jpg

Lastly, my precision AR - don't have any group pictures for this one, but I have shot under 3/4 MOA when I had the A2 stock and a Bushnell 3200 scope on it. Currently it is a RRA Varmint w/ .920" SS barrel (16"), Magpul PRS stock with Accu-shot monopod and a Harris bipod. Scope is a Konus 4-16X44 in Burris 30mm signature rings, mounted on a LaRue 5/8" riser...

2a0fc0n.jpg

Enjoy!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

bout time you made this thread already tosser =P

1z6qmg8.jpg

Remington 700 SPS-V

Nikon Buckmaster scope 6-18x

Caldwell Bipod

picked it up off of one of the forum members here =D . my groups arent tight enough yet for pics

edit- 9/15

not bad for the second time shooting the rifle today, if i used the program right, not sure

mtblw7.jpg

I wish I had a precision rifle, but I'll have to settle for my hunting rifles for now and squeezing some accuracy out of them to the best of my ability. I have plans to get one some day that fills that specific niche, but it will have to serve double-duty for hunting as well. I have a couple of makes/models in mind. The offerings from various makers are too many to ponder. Maybe that's why I can't make up my mind?

Although not a precision rifle it shoots like one. Heres a group from my AR pattern 308. No bipod, no bag, just slung over a piece of wood proned out. My rifle is the left side. Anothers rifle I gave a dance is on the right. I had serious issues with cheek weld with his rifle and thus couldnt tap into the accuracy I know its capable of.

kacandobr.jpg

And heres the group from the AI when I sighted in the scope. left was sighting in, right was group.

aiawgrp.jpg

Heres my precision rig.Its an 07 AIAW. Its wearing a Premiere Heritage Mil/Mil Gen2 XR. Bipod is an Atlas V8. The 26" Barrel was swapped out for a fluted 20". Ill scan a target later but after sighting in the PH she printed what looks to be about a .6.

aiaw.jpg

sweeeet! im jealous.