joeg

Question about transporting

I believe the only way that you can leagaly transport a handgun to ny from nj for target shooting is if you are going to an actual shooting event, not just a range. Just drive there and shoot his guns and bring your own ammo, save yourself the headache.

I believe the only way that you can leagaly transport a handgun to ny from nj for target shooting is if you are going to an actual shooting event, not just a range. Just drive there and shoot his guns and bring your own ammo, save yourself the headache.

Don't even take handgun ammo to NY State

Without a NYS pistol permit (at a non-match), you become an instant felon

Same goes for even handling a handgun in NYS

Pay your buddy for his ammo and don't attract unwanted attention at his range.

Enjoy

Don't even take handgun ammo to NY State

Without a NYS pistol permit (at a non-match), you become an instant felon

Same goes for even handling a handgun in NYS

Pay your buddy for his ammo and don't attract unwanted attention at his range.

Enjoy

I don't know where you got that from. I was at the Middletown show today and bought handgun ammo there, as always, no questions asked, simply cash an carry. If NY has any regs on handgun ammo, they are the most openly ignored rules ever.

I've bought ammo at Gander mtn, Walmart in NY and they always ask for my NJ firearms purchaser ID. Davis in Goshen does not ask.

I don't think there's a NY state ammo transport law. There are some goofy New York City laws, so that wouldn't surprise me if there is a prohibition there.

I've bought ammo at Gander mtn, Walmart in NY and they always ask for my NJ firearms purchaser ID. Davis in Goshen does not ask.

I don't think there's a NY state ammo transport law. There are some goofy New York City laws, so that wouldn't surprise me if there is a prohibition there.

Since they wouldn't know automatically that you're from NJ, are they asking everyone there for ID? Only bought shotgun ammo from Gander Mtn and they didn't ask for ID on that.

I could see NYC having different regs, but upstate, never been asked for ID.

Since they wouldn't know automatically that you're from NJ, are they asking everyone there for ID? Only bought shotgun ammo from Gander Mtn and they didn't ask for ID on that.

They ask everyone.

My link

Ask the New Yorkers

(specifically RKBAR15)

And from that link, here is the money quote:

Q: Can I purchase pistol ammo for my pistol-caliber carbine without having a pistol permit?

A: Yes. However some stores will not sell you pistol ammo unless you have a valid pistol permit, even if you explain the ammo is meant for a rifle.