Urban Grunt

Zombie Max

For all you Zombie fans..........Zombie Ammo!

Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady®!

Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?).

Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!

86247-00-Buck-Z-MAX.jpg

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

• Like 3

I think it is a short sighted marketing ploy. I wonder if the number of new customers who buy "Zombie" ammunition will be sufficient to replace the number of (presumably older) sportsmen who become disgusted with Hornady and switch to a brand that doesn't cater to this. My guess is no, since the "zombie" ammo buyer is probably a one-time shits-and-giggles purchaser. Personally, I like Hornady but would never spend a dime more to buy anything labeled as "Zombie".

• Like 1

I think it is a short sighted marketing ploy. I wonder if the number of new customers who buy "Zombie" ammunition will be sufficient to replace the number of (presumably older) sportsmen who become disgusted with Hornady and switch to a brand that doesn't cater to this. My guess is no, since the "zombie" ammo buyer is probably a one-time shits-and-giggles purchaser. Personally, I like Hornady but would never spend a dime more to buy anything labeled as "Zombie".

I agree with your sentiments. I think Joyce Hornady is turning over in his grave.

It's called Capitalism, and everyone wins!

• Like 1

This would be true if the ammo was gimmicky, but it looks like legitimate defense ammo that just has some branding on it. Right? Or is this some new special ammo?

Possible flip of the coin on the new customer vs. the lost customer, will see, I think Hornady makes a quality product and I only care about how there product preforms and not looking into investing in the company so it's a mot point for me.

However I must say, well played, I can picture someone who buy's this handing you a round or 2 just to have when they see ya.:icon_mrgreen:

Maybe so, but for every mall ninja that buys two boxes total, there may be a retired guy with lots of time on his hands, who buys two boxes a week, that has switched to Remington or Norma, etc.

The golden rule of marketing is to not screw with dedicated customers. There was a Miller Beer campaign back around 1997 that is considered one of the worst advertising flubs ever. From what I understand, everyone involved with it was fired. They were called "ads by Dick". They were surreal, weird, and funny and designed for generation X. I thought they were funny (as a lifelong fan of the High Life, I needed no convincing though). The problem was that Miller's bread-and-butter middle class beer drinkers were so turned off by the ads that Miller lost huge market share.

Wonder what the adds cost them to make, they had a lot of people in them that were not cheap to get at the time. I still think they are funny.

My favorites besides some of the foreign beer commercials are still the Bud-weis-er Frogs, and Louie and Frank.

Fact of the matter is Hornady makes some of the best defensive and hunting ammo around, and if they want to have a little fun and get people talking about their product, then more power to 'em. I really don't see them losing very much market share because of the zombie ammo. And what's that saying... Any publicity is good publicity.

Hell, if the CDC can jump on the zombie bandwagon, why not ammo manufacturers?

If people are getting upset about this, then they clearly have too much time on their hands and need to get out a little more.

Wonder what the adds cost them to make, they had a lot of people in them that were not cheap to get at the time. I still think they are funny.

My favorites besides some of the foreign beer commercials are still the Bud-weis-er Frogs, and Louie and Frank.

I would like to see someone put the budwieser frogs in a comercial with the new zombie ammo..

A drunk guy with zombie ammo shooting at budwieser frogs..Now thats a comercial.. :locomotive:

Loui, frank and alligator hunters troy and lizzy.. hell, they dont even need to be drunk..

a13adad4.jpg

I'm now prepared

you know how when you find like old boxes.. from things that are not used anymore.. one day.. somewhere one of these is going to pop up.. in an attic.. basement.. etc.. the face the person makes who finds it will be priceless.. WTF is this ****?