RecessedFilter

Yet again a new requirement for PP's/FID

Why would that matter? How would self employed, indepentently wealthy and poor prove this... so now we have caste system requirement? This pisses me off because this is one of the tenents behind the 2A our founding fathers discussed... that self defense was not a privilege of the wealthy or the landed.

Refuse. Call State PD ASAP. They dont need to know how much you make or if you are working or for whom.

Don't submit anything that is not legally required, like a paystub or anything like that. I'd do as axeman says and call the State PD, from past issues like this where people called in, the State PD straightened out the local PD.

While I agree and wouldn't submit anything outside of what the statute calls for (sets a bad precedent), I have a feeling that this is your department's way of "speeding-up" their investigation. I would assume (big assumption) that they use the pay stub in leiu of contacting your employer to verify employment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

While I agree and wouldn't submit anything outside of what the statute calls for (sets a bad precedent), I have a feeling that this is your department's way of "speeding-up" their investigation. I would assume (big assumption) that they use the pay stub in lieu of contacting your employer to verify employment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If that's the case, why not just putt N/A on the section of the form that asks for employer information? The PD won't have to contact anyone at that point and you haven't turned over personal documentation or information. Would that be considered lying on the form, putting N/A in the employer section? I'm certainly not advocating to do anything illegal.

My town`s PD (Readington Township) now requires this for verification of employment. The detective did`nt call my workplace this time , and i had the permits in 30 days instead of the usual 45.

I was told that its a long process for them to verify employment if you re not self employed since in many cases the detective is required to go through a company HR....or such.............

If that's the case, why not just putt N/A on the section of the form that asks for employer information? The PD won't have to contact anyone at that point and you haven't turned over personal documentation or information. Would that be considered lying on the form, putting N/A in the employer section? I'm certainly not advocating to do anything illegal.

You did not create the requirements on the form and therefore you cannot decide what is applicable and what is not. If you are unemployed, state that where it asks for employer. If employed fill in the correct info. If self-employed, state "self". To do otherwise is grounds for denial at the least and criminal prosecution at the worst.

JMHO / IANAL

Adios,

PIzza Bob

While I agree and wouldn't submit anything outside of what the statute calls for (sets a bad precedent), I have a feeling that this is your department's way of "speeding-up" their investigation. I would assume (big assumption) that they use the pay stub in leiu of contacting your employer to verify employment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Why is employment even an issue here?

Firstoff, all the PD needs is your DL# and SSN to run a background check. This BS about references and contacting the employer is just beyond the pale.

Why is employment even an issue here?

Firstoff, all the PD needs is your DL# and SSN to run a background check. This BS about references and contacting the employer is just beyond the pale.

Because it is on the NJSP designed/statute mandated application form. Just one of many things that needs to be changed. Didn't say I agree with it, just said that if it is there, you better fill it in truthfully or you put yourself in jeopardy.

Why would you knowingly lie on the form? That just doesn't make sense. Damn, you could get denied on that alone, not to mention legal consequences.

Why is it any of their business what you make? It would take a 5 minute call to any HR department to confirm employment. Why do things to make the draconian system easier for those who created the beast that it is?

I just submit the required paperwork with two money orders and wait for them to come in...

Black out all income lines.

This. If it keeps them from calling your employer, is it really a big deal? It's one way for them to verify your employment. The only issue i see is if you don't receive pay stubs(direct deposit).

I would black out everything except my name and address, and the employer info.

Black out the lines haha...I like that idea.

In all seriousness, I went back and forth talking to a good friend who is also on this forum and I decided that although many of you will not agree with me, it would be much easier to just hand in the required illegal documents.

Yes, I could call the NJSP or even my township first and let them know 'hey, you know this required document is illegal'. That can go in a better direction, or it can completely fire them up even more having someone insult their intelligence on the law. I'm sure they would say something of that sort.

If I called the NJSP before the township, or even after, I am sure they would get the job done in calling them and making them change their FID app statute to the normal one. And I am sure the Chief is not going to be happy about that call.

But then what happens after? Out of the numerous people who hand in FID/PP's app's, they all succumb to the required documents. So when I stroll in with no pay stub and whether they ask for it or not, it is quite obvious that I made the call to the SP.

Sure, some of you may think 'oh who cares, you're standing up for your 2a rights' and whatnot. Yeah, I agree with you and do stand up for my rights most of the time, but when this could potentially cause a huge disruption in MY pp.'s, then I would rather just suck it up and hand in the pay stub. It would be so easy for the secretary to just toss my application in the shredder, or have the chief throw it out, or it somehow get 'lost' or whatever. And even if that doesn't happen, I don't want to get my PP's back in 8 months or even be denied.

I know it might not be the decision most of you would make, but thinking a lot about the situation, I just really want my PP's haha and don't want to put them in jeopardy.

Now that doesn't mean I will hand in my app and then call the NJSP a week later :p At least then my app is getting worked on and it doesn't point the finger at me.

My town`s PD (Readington Township) now requires this for verification of employment. The detective did`nt call my workplace this time , and i had the permits in 30 days instead of the usual 45.

I was told that its a long process for them to verify employment if you re not self employed since in many cases the detective is required to go through a company HR....or such.............

With Readington's soaring taxes and run away spending (I think they're property tax rates are first or second in the State), not to mention their ongoing expensive attempts to cheat the owners of Solberg Airport out of their property, that they are desperately trying to cut expenses wherever they can. This is not the way to do it and you should let the NJSP know that you are being asked for information that is not required so the NJSP can contact them and straighten them out. Don't let them get away with changing the rules. It is hard enough as it is.

Recessed... your call and I am prob going to tick you off and I dont mean to single you out because there are plenty of people on this board that have this same issue.

If you dont stand up for yourself on a little issue like this, and be willing to deal with any petty consequence the powers that be try to inflict, when will you stand up? When your freedom is at stake? When our families safety is in question? How will you know when and what to do? Too many times I hear ".. I think it will be better if I just follow along so I can get my PPP faster." Sorry but my sense of pride is larger then my need for quick materialistc fullfillment. Call the SP and then hand in your forms and tell them you called the SP for the very reason as your paystub is private and is not required.

I do not want to pick a fight here... I am giving you one old man who hates what the state does to the citizens of NJ, opinion. Rant off and fire away.

• Like 5

They are required to verify employment, how exactly? is this really illegal? if all they are doing is verifying employment?

the way I see it... they verify employement... now...

Option 1.

You hand in a copy of your paystub with all personal income stuff blacked out, only showing that you work there and be done with it. You deal with the fact that it is one extra form that you need to hand in, which while illegal, does help speed up the process and does not get you unwanted attention at work.

Option 2.

You tell them to pound sand as handing in a pay stub is not required. Your Pd will then send out a letter or call your boss to verify employment. Even if they say they are only verifying employment, do you really want someone from the police department, calling your boss, at work, to ask about you.

There is a difference between being right, and being effective. This is one of those cases. I would rather be effective and choose option 1.

• Like 1

With Readington's soaring taxes and run away spending (I think they're property tax rates are first or second in the State), not to mention their ongoing expensive attempts to cheat the owners of Solberg Airport out of their property, that they are desperately trying to cut expenses wherever they can. This is not the way to do it and you should let the NJSP know that you are being asked for information that is not required so the NJSP can contact them and straighten them out. Don't let them get away with changing the rules. It is hard enough as it is.

I`m familiar with the Solberg situation , what pisses everyone off is that they wasted around 1.5 million in legal bills to fight Solberg.

Readington is out of control on spending, i dont know if the paystub thing reduces the cost (maybe they pay the detectives overtime because of this). They did say to black out income and other info except the employer info.

I have already contacted NJSP on this.

Why do they need to verify employment at all?

They just want to know if you're lying. Unemployed or self-employed people are both permitted to own guns. I suspect it's there to discourage people from applying.