dtown223

Certificate of eligibility, FID questions

Hello All,

Heres my scenario, and two questions for the collective:

When I was 18 (1989), I got my FID,

When I was 19, i was arrested for, and fined for a non violent, petty disorderly persons (shoplifting, SO dumb :icon_redface: )

No forfeiture of FID, I have since then purchased and sold firearms, no problems with NICS

Now I'm 40, (that was quick!) and have relocated. I submitted my paperwork for change of address to my new municipality (Dumont, Bergen County) My references mailed their envelopes back in last week of October, Morpho track fingerprinting done on 11/4/11

Heres my first question:

Question one on the application for change of address read something like:

Have you been convicted of a disorderly persons that could result in up to 90 days incarceration?

I responded no, because the Judge at the time stated very clearly, a fine was to be the maximum penalty, did I screw myself?

Question Two:

First question on the certificate of eligibility is:

1) Have you ever been convicted of a crime that has not been expunged or sealed?

If (IF!) I get my FID renewed, can I honestly answer no to this question?

the underlined text below makes me think yes

2C:1-4. Classes of offenses

b. An offense is a disorderly persons offense if it is so designated in this code or in a statute other than this code. An offense is a petty disorderly persons offense if it is so designated in this code or in a statute other than this code. Disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses are petty offenses and are not crimes within the meaning of the Constitution of this State. There shall be no right to indictment by a grand jury nor any right to trial by jury on such offenses. Conviction of such offenses shall not give rise to any disability or legal disadvantage based on conviction of a crime.

Thanks in advance to anyone who actually reads this LONG winded post, and any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Dave

PS: as alway, if this topic has been covered a thousand times, please reward my noobness with plenty of harsh written abuse !

Application Link for reference purposes.

Heres my first question:

Question one on the application for change of address read something like:

Have you been convicted of a disorderly persons that could result in up to 90 days incarceration?

I responded no, because the Judge at the time stated very clearly, a fine was to be the maximum penalty, did I screw myself? NO, it is actually 6 months or more.

Question Two:

First question on the certificate of eligibility is:

1) Have you ever been convicted of a crime that has not been expunged or sealed?

If (IF!) I get my FID renewed, can I honestly answer no to this question? Yes. A crime is greater than a PDP or DP.