Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyG

Anyone hear of SlideFire? A Legal way to an "automatic" AR

Has anyone heard of Slidefire.com they make a bump fire stock that basically lets your AR shoot automatically aslong as you do two things. You have to put shoulder pressure on the stock and push forward on the handguard while holding the trigger down. My understanding of this is the gun and trigger are moving back and forth however your grip is not so your holding your finger down at the same position. The trigger moves backwards with the blow back resets and hits your finger again to fire another round. It takes practice to get used to the tolerances of how to hold your finger so trigger will hit your finger just right to be automatic.

Fpsrussia has a video of the system on his youtube channel to check it out, rate of fire is claimed around 900 rounds a minute with the rifle hes using in video .There is a signed letter from the ATF on slidefires site saying its not regulated by them and its not considered an automatic part for numerous reasons.

I dont know how this sits within jersey laws due to the stock is but isn't adjustable and I do not know how legally that would be played out.For the most part though it seems like a nice mod to have some fun with and is ok to use here. The slide system runs about 350 dollars, has anyone seen this or can comment on its legality here.

There have been a LOT of threads discussing this item, but having played with the system at SHOT show(on the range) and going through multiple magazines, I can sufficiently say that the product is a fantastic way to blow $350. Regardless of legality, I would not own it at all whatsoever.

We had a vendor come out, and we could play with it. It is a cool idea and novelty but for $350 money can be spent other ways. You have to wrap your finger through the trigger guard and push the forenend forward. A very wierd feeling. It was fun to blow the vendors ammo but I wouldnt waste my money or ammo on it.

I did a search on forum for it but couldn't find any threads discussing it dunno why. I agree it's just a novelty mod and you will blow through ammo and the price is steep for basically a plastic stock and grip. However I would think its better then dropping 15k+ on a real auto rifle if you don't have that kind of cash.

The problem is it is really nothing like a select-fire weapon. Maybe with thousands of rounds down range you might be able to have some sort of control over it, but from what I experienced, I had just as much control over the weapon as bumpfiring from the hip.

The problem is it it really nothing like like a select-fire weapon. Maybe with thousands of rounds down range you might be able to have some sort of control over it, but from what I experienced, I had just as much control over the weapon as bumpfiring from the hip.

I had to read that twice twice. :onthequiet:

• Like 1

I did a search on forum for it but couldn't find any threads discussing it dunno why. I agree it's just a novelty mod and you will blow through ammo and the price is steep for basically a plastic stock and grip. However I would think its better then dropping 15k+ on a real auto rifle if you don't have that kind of cash.

Here ya go...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28138-slide-fire-stock/

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27786-slide-solutions-stock/

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20448-slidefire-stock-selectable-bump-firing/page__p__271611__hl__slidefire__fromsearch__1#entry271611

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23236-slide-fire-solutions-ssar-15/

I just can't think of a reason I would ever want to fire an AR faster then I could aim it, which is why I can't be bother to care about FA weapons or this silly thing which makes for even more inaccurate FA weapon. Mind you, I'm not saying FA weapons shouldn't be legal, I just can find a reason to care about them. Kinda like I don't really care about shotguns.

This was the worst novelty item at shot show. Build quality was crap and quite honestly..... I dont know any logical reason for someone to own this. After a few rounds, I was really thinking, ok.... When is this going to be over.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Can you combine this stock/grip with some form of a resilient strut that would brace the grip and perhaps the magwell, and will do the forward pushing for you?

yes but..

I wonder if it's possible to fit a spring in the mechanism of the stock to elimanate the need to pull forward with the off hand.

Such things have existed and have been deemed to be machine guns by BATFE, so I'd recommend against it however IANAL

the reality is my experience with full auto is very limited.. but even with that said.. with full auto to keep shots on target I found myself really relying on the support hand to maintain order.. and really relied on trigger control for burst more than just holding down.. this device in my head would do the complete opposite and counteract everything I would do to maintain muzzle control.. seems really impractical past a simple range toy..

Can you combine this stock/grip with some form of a resilient strut that would brace the grip and perhaps the magwell, and will do the forward pushing for you?

That MIGHT cause you to end up having a "Conversation' with someone from BATFE..as it stands now the stock is not NFA AS IS..Any alteration or Modification could be very disastrous to your well-being..both Monetary and Criminal History-wise. Remember the Akins stocks werent deemed NFA items, bit their SPRINGS were.

The advice is surely appreciated -- not that I am indeed planning on such a modification :)

(I don't even have an AR-15 to begin with -- yet).

Also remember, you are in NJ...home of the Self-loathing gun owners. Take that thing to a range, and some FUDD will be either calling the PD and reporting you, or if it's a Private Club, going to the board to get you booted.

Holy crap. You guys are bumming me out on another product. People on UT love them, and 50% of those people own FA. I was skeptical to start with, and now I'm more skeptical.

I'm not ready to put down $300 on one but I do want to try one. They've been available for quite some time and none of my friends near me have bought one for me to play with yet :D

Holy crap. You guys are bumming me out on another product. People on UT love them, and 50% of those people own FA. I was skeptical to start with, and now I'm more skeptical.

I'm not ready to put down $300 on one but I do want to try one. They've been available for quite some time and none of my friends near me have bought one for me to play with yet :D

Remember my grin after blasting away with your subgun? After mag-dumping the AK I was like:

Bush%2Bconfused%2Ba%2Blittle.jpg

Save your monies.