RubberBullets

2012 CCW Proposal (A-1493)

A-1493 for the Assembly and S-104 for the Senate to propose revisions to securing a permit to carry a handgun for the 2012-2013 Session.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/bills0001.asp

Since the link is FUBAR. Click the link, hit "Bills 2011-2013, then search by keyword... Bill A1493 is the reintroduction of the proposed bill A-1384 and S-69

A1493 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a handgun.

Law and Public Safety

S104 Is the Senate Version of the bill

Last Session Bill Number: S69

Carroll, Michael Patrick S69

Carroll, Michael Patrick as Primary Sponsor

DiMaio, John as Primary Sponsor

McHose, Alison Littell as Primary Sponsor

Chiusano, Gary R. as Co-Sponsor

Bucco, Anthony M. as Co-Sponsor

Rumana, Scott T. as Co-Sponsor

It was introduced under a new number this year 1/10/2012 and referred the Law and Public Safety Committee. I am unaware of any petitions going around, but ther should be some type of joint venture to attempt to express our voices to the legislature. As for the bill, it is the same bill as proposed in the previous S.69.

And for those that live in District 10 ( you can search your representatives on the sidebar to the left) For those living in:

Bay Head, Brick, Island Heights,Lakehurst, Lavallette, Manchester, Mantoloking, Point Pleasant Beach, Seaside Heights,Toms River

Republican Senator James W. Holzapfel happens to sit on the Law and Public Safety Committee charged with reviewing this bill. I would at least like to see a valiant effort by those in the area to call his offices and state your stance on S-104

Republican Assemblyman Gregory P. McGuckin is also on the assembly's Law and Public Safety Committee and represents District 10 and shares the same office with the Senator above. .....A-1493

852 Highway 70, Brick, NJ 08724

Phone: (732) 840-9028

The link in the OP takes you to the NJ State Legislative website. On the left side navigation bar under "Members", the first link is "Find Your Legislator" 3/4 the way down on the extreme right of the page says "Search By" and I chose "Municipality" to narrow my search. from there it brings up your legislators by district.

*Granted*

Please feel free to distribute to any medium that will spread the word of a bill proposed to further our 2A rights.

Also,

Would a Moderator be able to remove

http://njgunforums.c...j-ccw-petition/

as people are just signing it in all probability of not realizing that bill is renumbered.

Thanks.

*Granted*

Please feel free to distribute to any medium that will spread the word of a bill proposed to further our 2A rights.

Also,

Would a Moderator be able to remove

http://njgunforums.c...j-ccw-petition/

as people are just signing it in all probability of not realizing that bill is renumbered.

Thanks.

Done.

We broke 3K yesterday, nice to see we added 800+ in a day, but I think we have what 3000 members here and many of use are on other forums that cater to guns, I think this should go viral in the gun owners community and friends of gun owners getting in on it.

Have to realize, 3800+ votes out of what 8.4 million or so people in the state don't mean (Insert @#$@#$ word here)

Ya, but have to start somewhere.

I've gotten 4 others to sign it who aren't on here or NJ2AS members and stuck it on my facebook. To be honest Facebook is probably the best way to get this circulating. It may take a little time, but can't hurt.

Cool, nice job, now if everyone would do that it would be great.

yes PLEASE STOP SIGNING THE CCW PETITION AS LINKED... The bill that it represents this year is for driving while texting. The petition is 2 yrs old now. The new bill numbers are listed above and no Petition has been set up for it.

An online petition is great.. and can bolster support, but a phone call to your representative removes anonymity and puts a valid threat towards losing votes in that particular legislators district.

yes PLEASE STOP SIGNING THE CCW PETITION AS LINKED... The bill that it represents this year is for driving while texting. The petition is 2 yrs old now. The new bill numbers are listed above and no Petition has been set up for it.

An online petition is great.. and can bolster support, but a phone call to your representative removes anonymity and puts a valid threat towards losing votes in that particular legislators district.

Has anybody looked at the other two bills with the similar name to see how they are different?

A499 Revises qualifications and requirements for permits to carry Handgun; establishes annual fee of $100.

A1493 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a Handgun.

S104 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a Handgun.

S269 Revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a Handgun.

S419 Revises qualifications and requirements for permits to carry Handgun; establishes annual fee of $100.

Whatever happened to this CCW bill?

I checked out http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/BillView.asp?BillNumber=Ap1493 and it says it was introduced over a year ago, but doesn't show any result...

It most likely never made it out of committee. No committee approval and it doesnt go to a vote

S269 is crafted by my Assemblyman, Michael Doherty. See my thread on "Response from District 23".

This legislation type has been introduced each year for the past few years.. As did the others, it will unfortunately ride out the year in committee and never come to a vote. This is just the rehashed 2013 version so it is on the books.